badfish11

Which wheels  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which wheels

• ASA JH8
    • WedsSport tcoo5
    • Koesi K1s
    • They're all fugly!

I'm definitely going to get a new set of wheels soon. All three wheels are 18 x 7.5. I like all three and can't really decide. .

I think the black spoke look on a silve car would be nice so I like the ASAs. The WedsSports look pretty sweet, and the Koesi wheels

are crazy light.... opinions welcome.

ASA JH8 21.2 pounds per wheel $185 per wheel

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/asa/swap/asa_jh8_blk_ci3_l.jpg

WedsSport tcoo5 17.4 pounds per wheel $249 per wheel

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/wedssport/swap/weds_tc_005_gry_ci3_l.jpg

Koesi K1 15.9 pounds per wheel $275 each

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/kosei/swap/kosei_k1_ts_grey_ci3_l.jpg

Edit: attachment is a pic of the wheels I went with. .

I called tire rack. They are being a pain, they say they don't have any wheels that fit the 06 spec b because they never got one it to test fitment.

I let him know its pretty much the same fitment as the legacy gt except it comes stock with 18 x 7 wheels and 215/45/18 tires. He said if there are any fitment issues with the purchased wheels I wouldn't be able to return them because the wheels are listed as non compatible. . .

I guess I would try out 225/ either 40 or 45 profile tires on the wheels but the no return thing kinda stinks. .

Did anyone else with a spec b have issues ordering from tire rack? What I might do is just type in the info saying I have a 2006 legacy gt sedan. I'd get 18 x 7.5 wheels.

My tire size is going to be 225/40/18 (this also happens to be the tire size the tirerack website specifies as being compatile with the regular gt). The overall tire diameter is a little smaller than my stock diameter but its less than a 3% difference according to the miata tire size calculator, so its not too bad. I could also get a 45 profile, but I'd have to call tirerack for that, and they'd probably give me trouble because it's not their reccommended size.

edit: everywhere I put diameter above I meant circumference. .

Someone noted in another thread that SSRs in white were cheap on Tirerack... GT2s 18x8.5 17 lbs. $249 Get them powder coated any color you want for another $150-200.

If I'd seen this a week ago, I'd be buying a set.

BTW, these won't come up under the Legacy fitment. You have to look under 2004 STI...

ssr_gt2_white_ci3_l.jpg.7fafad27376eab3352dfc8936733fea5.jpg

Well I placed an order for one of the three on Sunday. I'll post pics when I mount them. I'll get bashed a little b/c I see 27% didn't like any of the wheels. . but whatever I'll be happy at least :)

Which one did you ended up ordering? I run Kosei on my Z. They might not be the best looking but damn do they make a difference in performance. If you did order the Kosei be prepare to answer why you have 2 stems per wheel... :lol:

Here is Black Racing's Pro N1, 17x7.5 17.5 lbs, on sale for $125... It sure is tempting for me.

http://www.edgeracing.com/images/wheel/black_racing_pro_n1_(gloss_black)_angle_zoom.jpg

Which one did you ended up ordering? I run Kosei on my Z. They might not be the best looking but damn do they make a difference in performance. If you did order the Kosei be prepare to answer why you have 2 stems per wheel... :lol:

Here is Black Racing's Pro N1, 17x7.5 17.5 lbs, on sale for $125... It sure is tempting for me.

http://www.edgeracing.com/images/wheel/black_racing_pro_n1_%28gloss_black%29_angle_zoom.jpg

and why are there 2 stems?

I think I'm not 100% sure . . .one stem is to let regular air out while you simultaneously fill nitrogen in the other stem :hide:

Yup.

Nitrogen doesn't expand as much as regular air when heated. So a lot of racers run nitrogen in the tires to keep the pressure relatively constant through out the race. Some tracks have nitrogen filling system that make use of the 2 stems as described. The 2 stems thing is a running joke with my Z Car Club...

thats stupid. that makes about as much sence as running winter and summer air in your tires. if u want nitrogen then let the air out and then jsut fill it back up oh well. im going to go ahead and call it rice then. maybe if it was designed for an inner and outer tire kinda nascar-esc style then i would understand. it would still be gay but i would understand

thats stupid. that makes about as much sence as running winter and summer air in your tires. if u want nitrogen then let the air out and then jsut fill it back up oh well. im going to go ahead and call it rice then. maybe if it was designed for an inner and outer tire kinda nascar-esc style then i would understand. it would still be gay but i would understand

I don't see how you can call it rice when it actually serves a real purpose. I don't know if you autocross or track your car but tire pressure is a very important element. Varying your tire pressure is the easiest way to adjust your front/rear traction and in term handling. Even just over a 10-lap session your tire temperature could increase by a significant amount.

If you simply open the valve you will only equalize the pressure between the air inside and outside of the tire. You can't remove all the air inside (create a vacuum) by just opening the valve. What you need are 2 openings so that the nitrogen can be pump in under pressure to force the air out of the other opening.

Would your average autocross or track day junkies ever use or need this feature? Probably not, but then again there are plenty other performance mods that are not needed for a street car but they do work.

BTW, your tire pressure does change by a few psi between a winter and a summer morning...

Archived