LegacyGT.com

Official PA Legacy Thread

bobo69

I tried by hand and it didn't budge. That sort of answers my question about whether or not it should move freely. I knew it should if the waste gate is not attached to the actuator, but I wasn't sure how much play it should have while connected.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still need to try putting a pressurized line on the actuator, as Orbach's in Denver advised to try that, highly doubting that the turbo was part of this problem. My son and I replaced the plugs and the misfires are gone. I'll keep an eye on it, but I think I can breathe easier for the moment.

I still need to try putting a pressurized line on the actuator, as Orbach's in Denver advised to try that, highly doubting that the turbo was part of this problem. My son and I replaced the plugs and the misfires are gone. I'll keep an eye on it, but I think I can breathe easier for the moment.

When you say "Misfires", is it when you rolled into the throttle or stepped on it hard the card would kind of just buck and skip and the power just kind of jumped around? I'm having the same issue if so. 2008 LGT

When you say "Misfires", is it when you rolled into the throttle or stepped on it hard the card would kind of just buck and skip and the power just kind of jumped around? I'm having the same issue if so. 2008 LGT

You could feel them hit, but they triggered CELs (0301, 0302, 0303, & 0304; misfire on cylinder 1, 2, 3, & 4) and the CRUISE light flashed to let me know the cruise control was disabled.

You could feel them hit, but they triggered CELs (0301, 0302, 0303, & 0304; misfire on cylinder 1, 2, 3, & 4) and the CRUISE light flashed to let me know the cruise control was disabled.

Gotcha... Mines not throwing any codes or anything. Just when you get on it it sometimes skips and jumps just like the turbo isn't working properly... But yet once it decides to stop all the power is there like it should be. I don't seem to lose any boost or anything when this happens, so not sure where to start. Oh well...

Yup still living in Hanover. If you ever want to meet up let me know. We have a Subaru group forming and would love for you to join. Look in the mid Atlantic region topics for a link to the group page.

Easton, PA here, in the Lehigh Valley. Have to agree with what others have said. The Legacies I see around here tend to be owned by older people that sadly don't care for their cars...

Easton, PA here, in the Lehigh Valley. Have to agree with what others have said. The Legacies I see around here tend to be owned by older people that sadly don't care for their cars...

Hey! I live in the Lehigh valley and I'm only 27. Macungie though. Black 06 lgt

Hey! I live in the Lehigh valley and I'm only 27. Macungie though. Black 06 lgt

Nice! They are few and far between from what I can tell (I'm 34). '12 Indigo Blue 2.5i. Only thing that makes me stand out at all is the lack of badges and just a clean car, still much work to tint is next thought once the medical bills settle down.

What's up all. I went from a 02 WRX to an Audi a few years ago, and now back in a subie after my A4 died. Wife has an 05 FXT, so I test drove a 2010 FXT, but ended up leaving the lot with an 08 Spec. b. -only 8K miles! Love that car already & lots of plans for it. --in Warrington. c ya all around the area.

West Chester killed my black LGT a few years back. This is what Totalling a LGT @ 25mph looks like:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/1575_64344997008_9255_n.jpg

So I moved to Delaware, and got an Audi that I came to hate with a passion:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1575_64345012008_22_n.jpg

Six months of driving the Audi, it was Audi-here and I got the SWP Legacy:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/478438_10150800238062009_579756510_o.jpg

Now 4 years later, and barely over 60k miles on the 2005...looks like I'll be selling her soon. PA people, keep an eye out!

Siper, where were you a month ago!? :( I wouldn't be replacing the motor in the LGT I just got if I found a reasonably priced LGT...

It's getting a remanufactured short block with a new turbo, and a new oil pan, and filter, and pump, and.....

So, anyone near williamsport who wants to severely thrash a Subie hater/scum of the earth!?!?!

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

I'm jealous of all the gt's on here. Every N/A I see is driven by a middle aged person. I can't wave at anyone :(

See that's how it is around here for GTs..mine is one of the only modded ones in the area..only see a gt once in awhile and its almost always someone who isn't into modding..saw an 05 or 06 spec b the other day..nothin done to it..and a lady of about 50 putting along in it..its a disgrace to that car..haha

Subie meet in wellsboro pa tomorrow Sunday the 24th for anyone that wants to come..its a local event with Twin Tier Subies..were on facebook..relatively new group..but yea..message me if you want details and are interested in coming and/ot joining our group

West Chester killed my black LGT a few years back. This is what Totalling a LGT @ 25mph looks like:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/1575_64344997008_9255_n.jpg

So I moved to Delaware, and got an Audi that I came to hate with a passion:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1575_64345012008_22_n.jpg

Six months of driving the Audi, it was Audi-here and I got the SWP Legacy:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/478438_10150800238062009_579756510_o.jpg

Now 4 years later, and barely over 60k miles on the 2005...looks like I'll be selling her soon. PA people, keep an eye out!

What's the reason for selling, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind one bit! Basically, it's a money-saving move that I'm really REALLY reluctant to pull the trigger on. Even coming back to this community has made that even harder, these boards are just so fun and informative.

But, what it boils down to is a potential move from the Bear, Delaware area to St. Louis, Missouri due to the GF receiving a hefty college scholarship from the Miss Delaware pageant. (Of course, the ONLY college it's eligible for is in Missouri) Even though the move won't happen until next summer, getting a much less-expensive car payment for a year will save money that'll make the transition smoother.

Moving across the country doesn't worry me one bit, but getting rid of a car I absolutely love and then having to deal with something ELSE screws with my head. :)

Siper, where were you a month ago!? :( I wouldn't be replacing the motor in the LGT I just got if I found a reasonably priced LGT...

It's getting a remanufactured short block with a new turbo, and a new oil pan, and filter, and pump, and.....

So, anyone near williamsport who wants to severely thrash a Subie hater/scum of the earth!?!?!

So sorry, man. :) Frankly, I was (and still am) perfectly happy with the car. I've just always loved wagons and hatchbacks, and really miss having one. Tried to buy an LGT wagon when I was shopping in '08, but the one I drove was in horrible shape, and I couldn't find any others (except a beautiful SWP/tan 5EAT a couple months after I bought mine, of course - another guy from the forum bought it). So I've been content with the sedan, and it's been reliable and fun, but I want to try something new.

Never owned a German car, and ya may as well try something different, every once in a while. :D I'll never say a bad word about Subaru, though - besides, my wife still has hers and will probably get another one.

Archived