LegacyGT.com

My observations of an 07

I was at our local dealer today to pick up some all weather floor mats for my wife's Tribeca and looked at their 07 Spec b in the showroom. Looked pretty nice. My take on the new gauges is that the additional markings on the tach and spedometer are unecessary. Both gauges look too busy to me. In addition, it appears to me leather has been replaced by leatherette with the shift boot and other areas on the front and rear seats like the headrest for example. The leather like material has a tackier feel to it. It looks like leather, but in my opinion I think it is a sythetic material made to pass as leather. It's cheaper and more durable, but not preferable to me. I also noticed the same thing with the 07 Tribeca they had. Potential cost cutting by Subaru?

In addition, it appears to me leather has been replaced by leatherette with the shift boot and other areas on the front and rear seats like the headrest for example. The leather like material has a tackier feel to it. It looks like leather, but in my opinion I think it is a sythetic material made to pass as leather.

I always felt that the shift boot on my '05 Ltd wasn't leather... never confirmed it, but it sure felt cheap and not supple at all.

• 2 months later...
I always felt that the shift boot on my '05 Ltd wasn't leather... never confirmed it, but it sure felt cheap and not supple at all.

That doesn't sound right to me, man. My gf has an 05 wrx, and her shift boot DEFINITELY isn't leather. Mine definitely is. An easy way to check is to pull up that panel where the boot is and see if it's suede underneath. I noticed this while I was putting in my STS. And it is.

Oh btw, I have a cloth 05. Why would mine be leather but yours be pleather if you've got the limited?

Most car companies dont use real leather. Why? Because most consumers can't tell the difference between real leather and fake-leather (i dunno what it really is, leatherette? Vinyl?). I know even higher end cars have stopped using real leather b/c it doesnt last as long and no one could tell.

Plus, most times when you get leather it is "leather seating surfaces" which means ONLY where it touches your body, aka the center of the seat, and in the SpecB the center is Blue Alacantara.

Archived