LegacyGT.com

Testdriving new Outback 3.0R JDM this weekend

Finally the -07 Legacy/Outback has arrived to Sweden. We get the Japanese manufactured cars and there are some really nice news.

Saturday morning i'm going to testdrive as many of the new cars as possible.

standard equipment news:

* Xenon lights with wash standard

* Steeringwheel telescope

* mp3 and cd-changer stereo

* facelift

* radio and cruisecontrol controls on steeringwheel

* some interior changes

extra equipment or standard 3.0R:

* SI-drive

* gear-paddles on steering wheel

But we still get a 165HP 2.5i engine over here. No 175/178 HP engine for europe and i don't know why. All auto-geared have VDC as in -06 cars.

It would have been nice with the 5speed auto gearbox in 2.5 as in 3.0...

yes i WANT the 3.0R , but since i just bought my -06 2.5 VCD Outback i can not afford to change now... anyway i will try them both.

VVG, they say 10% saving in fuel if you go in economy mode (intelligent mode) compared to Sport. Sport Sharp is not mentioned.

well they didn't have the 3.0R yet. It will be arriving within a week.

So i testdrived the 2.5i manual Outback. Basically the same car as before but with HID, 6 cd changer with mp3, washers etc.

What whas really nice was the touch n feel in the center panel buttons. I was testdriving the new BMW the same day and now Subaru has just as good material and feeling as BMW, Audi, MB. And much better than Saab, Volvo, VW, Ford .... The faux-aluminum interior pieces are really good. But exactly the same as in my -06 Outback.

Dual center climate control works well, but as always in those you can feel the difference in temperatures at your feet and with hard blowing, not much of a difference else.

The outside looks was nice, but i prefere the -06 backside and the -07 front with the -06 grille :)

wow, that is a nice list of new standard features!!! wonder when, and if ever, these make it to our shores... but i guess our price being 50% of what you guys pay, more than makes up the difference :)

http://subaru.se/prislista_outback.aspx

it costs between $46k-$53k!!! that is almost as much as a new 525Xi in Sweden @ $55k :eek:

tytek, yes i guess the Subarus are quite expensive over here. About the same price as a BMW, Audi, Volvo, Toyota.... but still i choose the Outback :)

(have been driving toyota and alot of BMW's prior to this)

...just waiting for alot of snow now so i can have some extra fun

i love snow, and like swedish women alot.

Spent my most wondeful vacation evuh in Scandinavia last year. Mostly Sweden but I squeezed in OSla (Norway), Copehangen (Denmark), Helsinki (Fiinland - for this one I took a cruise ship across the Baltic Sea), Stockholm, Upsalla, Malmö. To the rest I travelled by car.

Great people, awesome women, gorgoeus country...I will return with pleasure. I was surprised to see the number of american cars there...from Dodge Caravan to Pontiac Venture (jeez...the Chevy Venture from here but branded differently), to Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee.

tytek and f1anatic, nice to hear you like us nordic people. I guess the climate ,temper and mood go together. In southern europe you find alot of hot tempered people, but up here we're cool ;)

By the way, i live about 400km north of Stockholm on an small island ( Swedens only volcano).

Here is my house if you have google earth :)

longitude=17.5198

latitude=62.3955

I've also been travelling much and like US. I really like colorado and california, but there are alot of nice places. And too many i haven't had the chance to visit yet.

Jeep Grand Cherokee is very popular in Sweden. Dodge Durango is more rare but a cool car!

...and of course i will try to post some winter pics and movies later on.

Archived