LegacyGT.com

Good spring choice?

garageXTi

Hello all-

Forst post, and I have a question about springs...

From my research on here, it seem slike the tein H-Tech is the spring for me. However, finding a dealer that has these readily available is another issue.

I'm in a bit of a time crunch (need these by October 1), so is there a good alternative to the H-Tech out there? Heck, maybe someone even knows a vendor that may have the H-techs in stock?

thanks for the help,

Legba

Hello all-

Forst post, and I have a question about springs...

From my research on here, it seem slike the tein H-Tech is the spring for me. However, finding a dealer that has these readily available is another issue.

I'm in a bit of a time crunch (need these by October 1), so is there a good alternative to the H-Tech out there? Heck, maybe someone even knows a vendor that may have the H-techs in stock?

thanks for the help,

Legba

We might let me check and I will post right back

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

I just installed a set of JDM GT springs with JDM Spec B Bilsteins and couldn't be happier. The car is not lowered, but is stiff and handles great. The steering is much improved. The car feels like a RWD now.

Can I ask where you got the stuff and how much it was? Any idea how the JDM GT springs compare to STI Pinks?

I'm about to install some iONS sport spec springs. Will this cause any warranty issues if I get my oil changed at a Subaru dealer?

Warranty on stock shocks and sturts, yes, maybe even things like rubber suspension pieces, but not much else.

If you blow your motor they cannot deny warranty cause of springs.

I remember reading a thread that said your struts would be almost shot after 25000 miles riding on H-tech or similar spring. How much are struts and shocks when and if they need replacement?

I keep debating whether i should get a nice set of matching sways or just get some h-techs or ions.

I remember reading a thread that said your struts would be almost shot after 25000 miles riding on H-tech or similar spring. How much are struts and shocks when and if they need replacement?

I keep debating whether i should get a nice set of matching sways or just get some h-techs or ions.

Jack at iON said you'd get about 10-15% loss of strut life. But it all depends on how you drive and what types of roads. In the end there is always a trade off for performance. You can't have it all. An 80,000 mile tire lasts a long time, but it usually performs like total crap.

I did iONs first. Huge improvement over stock. Front end dive gone...rear end squat nearly gone. Car was much more comfortable to drive. Stock the car has too much power for the stock suspension. Sways just fine tuned things for me. With the springs I still had some body roll, not nearly like stock, but I wanted it gone. Cusco sways did it for me. Car is very flat now. For the price I have been very please and would never go back. I may have tryed coilovers, but I don't autox and didn't want to dump $1,500+ on them.

iONs + Cusco = :icon_bigg

Archived