LegacyGT.com

I goofed...

Hmmmm...

I have 41K miles on my RE092's and I just did a VERY spirited run, with my local club, through a state park this past weekend.... no issues...

I call BS.

Like you, I got over 40K miles from the OEM tires on my 2002 WRX. Blaming tire wear at only 19K for the accident doesn't wash.

Hmmmm...

I have 41K miles on my RE092's and I just did a VERY spirited run, with my local club, through a state park this past weekend.... no issues...

I call BS.

Try it in the rain...ISSUES! :lol: I dumped them at 10K because they got downright scary in the rain.

And I suspect your VERY spirited run would have been even MORE SPIRITED with F1s:icon_wink

But glad you have been happy with them and have made good use of them.

Cheers.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Try it in the rain...ISSUES! :lol: I dumped them at 10K because they got downright scary in the rain.

And I suspect your VERY spirited run would have been even MORE SPIRITED with F1s:icon_wink

But glad you have been happy with them and have made good use of them.

Cheers.

Dude... I drive mine EVERY DAY. How do you think I got 41K miles? Do you think that it doesn't rain in Ohio???? :lol:

Dude... I drive mine EVERY DAY. How do you think I got 41K miles? Do you think that it doesn't rain in Ohio???? :lol:

I think the fact that you got 41K out of ANY set of tires on a car like this says everything about how you drive :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the fact that you got 41K out of ANY set of tires on a car like this says everything about how you drive :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolleyes: I already stated what I have done on the tires. No autocrossing... but dragstrip and club runs. I exercise my car every day.....

:rolleyes: Whatever. I am sure that RE92's are the source of middle east hatred of the western world... :lol: Go back into your cave.

Like I say, its not the tires fault, I was driving too fast. But they are quite worn to say the least. I drive spirtited more often than I should. But what actually did it in for the tires was the drive from texas to washington. It might have been mostly the hour of driving through the mountains :) or just the journey itself, but the tires got worn to snot during that trip. I couldnt believe it tbh. It might be that my allignment was a tiny bit out at the time, there are quite a few potholes that I have hit around here, not purposefully of course. But that trip alone took the tire from something like 10% wear down to 55% or better wear. And that was the first trip I took. The second trip I took probably brought that down to about 85% wear. But again, not blaming the tires for what happened. Just commenting on the fact that they were quite worn.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Ok... Its been assessed by everyone, been completely evaluated. Its painful to say the least. VERY painful. It would seem that the curb was very tollsome on the car. Being a tall curb didnt help either. Front right has to be completely replaced, both rear right control arms replaced, left rear exhaust was bent, so they are replacing, oil pan was bent, replacing, the front frame arms or whatever they are, the bolt on replaceable things are bent, replacing, the tires and rims, 2 of which they think are ok, but might need replacing, exhaust near the heat shield is bent, replacing, the bumper is getting replaced, umm one engine mount on each side, gone, tranny mount on one side, gone, and i think a few other things. Sounds absolutely horrid. Gonna get re-undercoated as well. Painful to the max. Assessed damage was $6900+ depending on a few factors. Only good part, the insurance is paying for 2 tires :S and Im paying for 2. But Im getting what tires I want. So... Pirelli PNero Zero? Toyo Proxies? Better? Worse? I know there are many suggestions in the tire threads and all... but just in case someone wants to throw out some in here? lol.

Yea, I definately was not expecting it to be near that expensive. I thought absolute worst case scenario... $5000, but apparently, its more than that by a fair bit. Definately not a fun time for me right now. Combined with a ton of other crap going on, its just no fun. Oh well, they say she will be ready in 2 weeks. So here's to hoping she runs right after its all said and done.

Archived