LegacyGT.com

5 minutes to install auto-dim/compass mirror.

LIZARD

I've noticed that with the non-Homelink compass/mirror the compass defaults to ON each time you turn the car on. Since in my case the car has nav as well as the mirror, anyone know any way to change the default settings to leave the compass off unless I ask for it?

I've noticed that with the non-Homelink compass/mirror the compass defaults to ON each time you turn the car on. Since in my case the car has nav as well as the mirror, anyone know any way to change the default settings to leave the compass off unless I ask for it?

good question I too have nav and eventually will be getting an auto dim mirror

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a question about the auto dim mirror, the one I bought has had it's wire cut so I need to know what wires to connect to what, do the colors match?????? I can't believe the junk yard I got this from just cut the wires instead of just unplugging it!!! I guess they didn't know much about Subaru's.

Thanks for any input or even a picture,

-Jeff-

• 1 year later...
I just purchased a 2009 Legacy Limited today and the mirror is auto dimming with map lights. Has anyone ever seen one of these on a Legacy because I didn't see it mentioned here. It has 2 buttons, one for each light on the left and right sides of the mirror. I'd like to add the Homelink mirror but I wonder if the harnesses will be the same?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The installtion and program the compass instructions are come with the mirror. Use the screw driver to pry the headliner, facing the windshield, a gap then push the wire with a plug at the end thru it. There is a pre-wired socket hidden behind the map lamp assembly. What you is use a small screwdriver to the cover open. Use a small piece electric tape to cover the tip of screwdriver thus no scratching the plastic.

• 1 year later...
Man, first time installing something by myself and it took me 20 minutes. Couldn't figure out where the wire was, it was hidden and wrap up to the right of dome lights inside. Then a little trouble taking off original rear view mirror, needed Allen key too unscrew the screw off on the window, then a peace of cake. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Is there any chance the harness for the mirror is available separately? I want to hardwire my V1 up there, but don't want to splice things.

Yes it is available separately, I had to purchase one after I realized my car was missing the wire that should have been under the dome lights.

• 1 year later...
I have a question about the auto dim mirror, the one I bought has had it's wire cut so I need to know what wires to connect to what, do the colors match?????? I can't believe the junk yard I got this from just cut the wires instead of just unplugging it!!! I guess they didn't know much about Subaru's.

Thanks for any input or even a picture,

-Jeff-

can anyone answer this?

• 1 year later...

Archived