LegacyGT.com

Panel Filter

washburn33

My car sounds like Darth Vader with the AVO panel filter installed. I can't imagine what a totally open one would sound like.

:lol: :lol: I love that sound

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

any gains to doing this?

No real gains, however, it does change your fuel trims. At lower flow (<2.6v) it leans out slightly as it is a little less restrictive than the oem paper. But as the flow levels increase (2.6v>) the paper oem catches up, and they flow pretty much identical then.

Now, for those reading this that think this is screwing with their tune, it isn't. Only under closed loop is it even seen, and the small (2-3%) correction needed is easily handled by the ST/LT fuel trims. They can correct up to +/- 25%, so a couple of percent isn't going to break anything.

Just thought I would bring it up, as I did notice it, while I have been tuning recently...

^ Brother edmundu is good for all kinds of tech stuff! :)

Brother TSI+WRX is good for all kinds of Mufflers stuff! :) just kidding

I just installed my KN this morning, i couldnot fell any performance gain tho, Other that just little bit louder than b4. how does Perrin sounds? WOsh?

^ The Perrin Short-Ram sounds, er....loud? :redface:

That's the best I can describe it...loud. It's got the same "Darth Vader"-ish noises as most aftermarket "Short-Rams" that are un-shielded. At low RPM, going WOT will result in a lower-tone induction noise, followed almost immediately by audible "sucking." At let-off from boost, the stock BPV sounds sorta like a very softly tuned GReddy Type-S BOV....

I have no clue, just yet, as to how the Perrin Panel may sound, but that might change by this weekend. ;)

----

As for exhausts - I've got mad skillz with a tape-rule! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

Archived