LegacyGT.com

Strut tower brace or anti-sway bars?

srgdrum

Hi guys. I just got an 06 LGT a few days ago and I'm busy turning it into my dream car. I ordered up the Accessport last night. Just installed a SPT intake. Bought some new speakers to replace the factory junk (getting ready to slide the Infinity's in) Everyone has been super helpful and I had another question:

Handling wise would I be better going with a strut tower brace or the anitsway bars?

Thanks for your info!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Thanks guys. Advice taken. Lose the SPT? No dice! I love that sound! It was worth the $192 and the minor aggravation of the install.

Suba-rules! <---- Shoulda made that my screen name!

PM Tide- he can change it easily.

Thanks guys. Advice taken. Lose the SPT? No dice! I love that sound! It was worth the $192 and the minor aggravation of the install.

Suba-rules! <---- Shoulda made that my screen name!

Seriously lose the spt intake. Search for cobb's testing results with the intake.

Do you love the sound of less horsepower? metal intake tube heat soaks quicker.

Also not recommended with running an aftermarket map.

even if you decide to get a strut bar, make sure it's one SOLID welded piece.. if you use one that has the 2 bolts that attaches on each end of the strut mounting bases, those wont work in bracing the vertical forces, it's only going to help keep the strut towers from shifting front to rear, but that's what the firewall in the car is used for.
Keefe

Tires

Springs or coilovers

Sways

Strut towers will be a waste IMO unless you track the car.

Ditch the SPT intake. Cobb testing found it creates more heat soak and you are LOOSING power. If you like the sound just buy a drop in filter for $40-$60. Perrin...AVO...K&N...Blitz. It will not be a loud but you'll get a similar whhooossss.

Tires

Springs or coilovers

Sways

Strut towers will be a waste IMO unless you track the car.

Ditch the SPT intake. Cobb testing found it creates more heat soak and you are LOOSING power. If you like the sound just buy a drop in filter for $40-$60. Perrin...AVO...K&N...Blitz. It will not be a loud but you'll get a similar whhooossss.

Tracking the car will benefit more from a well designed roll cage with integrated horizontal bars between the shock towers than a typical hinged strut bar.

Keefe

Thanks guys. After all the advice from you and also from TDC I'm trading the SPT intake for a Perrin drop in filter. My dealer said that the SPT would add 8 - 10 horses. Guess he was 'misinformed' as the dyno proves a loss. I'll be taking that to the dealer for a refund less 10% restocking fee...

Still waiting for my AP...

suba-rules.

Archived