LegacyGT.com

**Beware of Russell Subaru in Maryland**

Dog,

Russell Subaru are thief’s....that’s Y I don't fu$% with them.......They tried to get me as well...I just went to Mile One or "Herb Gordon" the one off of 29S....anyway dude that sucks...they're the main reason Y, haggled the price and financed it though my credit union....then cut them a check...no fus no bus..... plus that shady ass dealership wouldn’t let me test drive the WRX the first time a came….they said some stupid sh*& like we only let serious buyers drive the cars…so I said cool…. I went to Mile One they handed me the keys and said come back in 1hr…..came back and bought the car and drove it straight to Russell to show the salesman…..:icon_mad: they're a bunch of punks I would have said don't go there if you have posted somthing earler.....:cool:

That's classic, and something that should happen more often. If you buy from Dealer B because you feel that Dealer A was trying to screw you, be sure to drop by Dealer A and show off your new car. Better still, show it off to the sales mgr. and make sure he or she knows why you didn't buy from them.

A woman I used to work with had saved a big chunk of change and wanted a Mercedes (would have been a '95 E-class sedan at the time.) She went to Mercedes of Austin and negotiated the price, and they made her talk to the "finance guy." She said she wasn't interested in financing, had cash... he was pushing her hard to buy the financing. She walked out, went to Lexus, bought an LS400 (cash, no hassle) and drove back by Mercedes of Austin to talk with the sales manager. She said he was sweaty and red in the face by the time she left, and was pretty sure the sales and finance guys were going to get a talking-to.

If more car customers were educated consumers, more car dealerships would be good places to shop.

That's classic, and something that should happen more often. If you buy from Dealer B because you feel that Dealer A was trying to screw you, be sure to drop by Dealer A and show off your new car. Better still, show it off to the sales mgr. and make sure he or she knows why you didn't buy from them.

A woman I used to work with had saved a big chunk of change and wanted a Mercedes (would have been a '95 E-class sedan at the time.) She went to Mercedes of Austin and negotiated the price, and they made her talk to the "finance guy." She said she wasn't interested in financing, had cash... he was pushing her hard to buy the financing. She walked out, went to Lexus, bought an LS400 (cash, no hassle) and drove back by Mercedes of Austin to talk with the sales manager. She said he was sweaty and red in the face by the time she left, and was pretty sure the sales and finance guys were going to get a talking-to.

If more car customers were educated consumers, more car dealerships would be good places to shop.

true :icon_mrgr

• 1 year later...

Just to bump this *I was searching about Russell*.

When I was out to buy my 06 I went there first as it's only about 5 min. from my house. Long story short I got the number from a salesman and took them home and crunched them the next day at work... they were off by ~6-7k. I called the salesman and questioned where this money was... to which he started stumbling about a ballon payment at the end. I asked him very specificly about financing for *x* number of years... every other person in the known world I've ever talked to about financing for *x* number of years knows that I expect my last payment to be the same as every other payment, NOT 6 or 7 thousand more. So I let the guy know how I felt about that... he was none to pleased :-p

So I got my LGT from Annapolis Subaru and everything went smooth and couldn't have been happier... well they could have given me the car for free... but extremely happy with them.

I spent over 14hrs in a three week period at the dealership neg. my LGT. It was amazing how many times they would try to add $500-1000 to my price, which I would then get the snickers, and smart comments when I told them no.

At one point I was on my cell outside with another dealer, and I made it clear to each of them what I was doing. Got my own financing, and closed it. The sales guy told me I was one of the better buyers he'd worked with in awhile.

BUT, I learned my lesson the hard way too (not nearly as bad as the OP)..

..... but the fraud part which I could have caught with some attention to detail is the part that makes me crazy mad. ......Damn subie for making a great car but damn that RUSSELL SUBARU located in Catonsville, MD on Rt 40 for cheating me. Lastly I'll damn myself.

Zach

Dumbass that RUSSELL SUBARU on Rt40 in Catonsville, MD ripped off

1. It is NOT FRAUD if it is spelled out in the details of thw contract.

2. Russell Subaru DID NOT CHEAT YOU if you signed a contract and are now stuck with the terms of that contrat.

3. This was entirely your fault for deciding not to read the contract before signing.

4. I wouldn't be suprised if you hear from Russell Subaru's attorney. Chances are they have a pretty good libel case against you for what you posted in this thread.

Enjoy your new car!!!! at least :)

I think you know now never finance at the dealer. They hate it as they lose large oppurtunities on many fronts to make money on the deal. Never state your own financing during the negotiations just stick to cash price.

Archived