LegacyGT.com

e-mail from SOA: East Coast Subaru Shootout

(disclaimer: I have no interest in this event, or the dealer)

It's time for the

W&L Subaru Shootout !!!

GET READY TO START YOUR ENGINES!!

Drag race your Subaru!

Chance to win a steel gray 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited!!!

30% discount on Subaru Performance Parts!

What is The Shootout?

The W&L Subaru Shootout is a fantastic racing event where Subaru performance enthusiasts can come and drag race their Subarus.

Where is The Shootout?

Numidia Dragway

How Much is The Shootout?

$45 for racing participants

$7 for spectators

Spectators who arrive with a participant get in free.

When is The Shootout?

(times subject to change)

Welcome ReceptionQuaker Steak and Lube Restaurant, Bloomsburg, PASaturday September 16, 2006 (time to be announced)Race DayNumidia DragwaySunday, September 17, 2006 (10am - 4pm)Closing CeremonyQuaker Steak and Lube Restaurant, Bloomsburg, PASunday, September 17, 2006 (5pm)Note: You must PRE-REGISTER to participate. To pre-register, send your name, address, phone number, and email address to tayne@ptd.net. Who's going to be at The Shootout?

Easy Street Motorsports - Come meet Julie Stepans, Easy Street's female driver.

Garrick Goh, the Project Manager for Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) will be on hand to answer any performance questions you may have.

ICY Racing/Phoenix Performance Team

Hotels

Two hotels off the Rt 80 Buckhorn exit are offering discounted prices for the Shootout. When booking your reservation, just say you are booking for the W&L Subaru Shootout, and you will receive the discount.

Holiday Inn Express

Discounted Price: $85

570-387-6702

Econo Lodge

Discounted Price: $72.90

570-387-0490

Racing Classifications

Street Unlimited

All Subaru?s with different or modified turbochargers, nitrous, motor swap into a different chassis (such as STi motor into a 1993-2001 Impreza), more displacement then stock, etc. AWD must be retained!

1st Place - $ 600 & 2nd Place - $ 200

Stock Turbo 2.0

All 2002-2005 WRX?s with the stock unmodified turbocharger and a 2.0 motor. Anything goes as long as the car still retains AWD. Nitrous is NOT allowed.

Stock Turbo 2.5 (except STi)

All 2006 and 2007 WRX?s, Forester XT?s, and Legacy GT?s with the stock unmodified turbocharger and a 2.5 motor. Anything goes as long as the car still retains AWD. Nitrous is NOT allowed.

STi Stock Turbo

All WRX Sti?s with stock unmodified turbocharger and a 2.5 motor. Anything goes as long as car still retains AWD. Nitrous is NOT allowed.

The prizes for the last three classifications are:

1st place $200, 2nd place $100

We are going to have a lot for you this year. To make sure you get all the information, please email your interest to Tayne (tayne@ptd.net) or call Tayne toll free at 1-877-995-7822. Please include name, address and phone number.

</B>

http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/assets/design/designs/Subaru_Alcyone/sky/images/spacer.gifhttp://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/repository/export/952/0f9e84c26100485040003ba76d6c7/9520f9e84c26100485040003ba76d6c7_265x0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Representatives will be on hand to void your warranty."

:lol:

They probably didn't say that, but they might as well.

That's F'd up. F dealers. F SOA.

Well, it's super nice to know how some of the Legacy community feels about our event.

Yes, you guys have it exactly right, the entire event is so SOA can void warranties.

Anyone who was ever at any of the East Coast Subaru Shootouts knows just how idotic those statements are.

rodsNcones, yes "F-Dealers", especially the ones who go out and put on a great event for all Subaru enthusiasts and don't ask or expect anything in return.

And Th3Franz, I would think a moderator would have a bit more of an open mind, not jump to conclusions about events he knows next to nothing about.

On the entire internet, this is the best thread about the Shootout I've seen yet. Watch out for any SOA reps walking around with a clip board and pen in hand :lol:

I can give a rat's ass what Mitsubishi people do, those comments were extrememly inconsiderate to our dealership and the guys at SOA who come up every year and help us out with the Shootout on their own time(the event is not sponsored by SOA whatsoever).

Totally unbelievable.

Froggert, your comments are appreciated. Unfortunately not everyone feels the same as you and I.

-Matt

W&L Subaru

Well, it's super nice to know how some of the Legacy community feels about our event.

Matt, as the original poster of this thread, I feel the urge to apologize to you and W&L Subaru on behalf of the "Legacy community" and perhaps LGT.com for what do appear to be totally baseless and negative remarks about SOA and your Shootout event. I am not, however, a spokesperson for either entity or group and can only speak for myself.

This site has over 15K members. There are a lot of jokes and rants about all topics, including SOA and dealerships. Unfortunately, the majority of the dealerships and service departments are not "mod-friendly", and as a result, people like us have grown skeptical and defensive.

In my case I have only positive things to say about SOA and my local dealership. With regards to modifications, however, the service writer there simply stated they do not get involved with modifications. The gentleman seemed to have no interest whatsoever in the subject, positive or negative.

Last summer I got an e-mail from SOA inviting my family to Camelbeach water park in the Poconos. We had free admission, free food and drink, a VIP reception area, and free Subaru "Think, Feel, Drive" beach towels. A wonderful day (probably worth about $150.00 for everything).

This summer, I was excited to see the e-mail from SOA regarding the Shootout. Apparently, SOA helped promote the event by sending out the e-mails, but otherwise is not involved. I searched around and ended up at the W&L website, and was surprised to see your dealership has a "performance division."

http://www.wandlsubaru.com/en_US/frm_index.chtml?pageName=MiscPage_1&noc=1&overrideUrl=f_MiscPage_1.chtml

I telephoned and spoke with Tayne, who was very friendly and informative and suggested I call you to discuss the purchase and installation of some aftermarket parts. We also talked about the Shootout.

Afterward, I was amazed that I hadn't found out about this "mod-friendly" dealer that was so close to me. In fact, I kind of found out by accident.

Matt, you obviously just became a member here and this is your first post. I suggest you stick around and even look into "vendor" status. I don't know what involvement you have had with any other sites, although my guess is that your primary involvement thus far has been with Impreza groups. As stated above, this site has over 15K members, over a broad demographic range of age, annual income, ect. I think your dealership's performance division could benefit financially and who knows, you might also find some new friends in the "Legacy community".

And Th3Franz, I would think a moderator would have a bit more of an open mind, not jump to conclusions about events he knows next to nothing about.

I'm just kidding around. Actually I'm just jealous that you guys get to have a cool event like this. :)

I just hope that Subaru continues to get more involved in motorsport like Mazda has done. Here in WI we feel like there is no appreciation for enthusiasts, so I am glad it is different on the east coast.

Mele63, thanks for the comments. Sent you a PM.

Working for, what I consider, a decent dealership, it gets frustrating being grouped into the typical "dealers suck" group because of the rotten dealers out there who won't fix a leaky tail light under warranty because the owner has an aftermarket muffler :rolleyes:

And to be totally honest, SOA, or at least our service and parts reps from our region, are mod-friendly as well. We never had an experience where they tried to deny someone warranty just because of what was done to the car. Their feeling always was if the aftermarket part installed caused the failure of the OEM part, then that person was out of luck. Kinda tough to argue with that.

Unfortunately the bad experiences with warrany issues will always be heard about faster and more frequently then any good issues. Oh well.

-Matt

W&L Subaru

Archived