LegacyGT.com

Ram Air on the way!

highlander

No performance figures to back it up.

50-80mph feels smoother like the engine has the air waiting to get in.

of course, now that the ambient air temp is below 70, the engine is reallyh anxious anyway.

I'm glad I did it. Less noticeable than a bare filter CAI when I run my GFB 100% recirc.

Maintains the stealthy facade.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been thinking about doing something like this for a long time and just stumbled acorss this post. I reall like the way it look hignlander. Nice and stelthy. I may want to buy another grill to try this sometime.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

data logging perhaps ? A 20 to 70 acceleration with it...and without the OEM snoerkel. This way we would tell the contribution. or the snorkus + Highland Intake

RRiiiiigghhhhtt.

Yeah, data logging.

Heard stories about it, how it can make you blind, 'cause the munchies, and girls won't keep their hands off you and all.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never done it though.:(

I recently got a laptop but it doesn't have serial ports, just USB.

PM me with a good (free preferrably) SW package and if USB -> serial adaptors work.

Thanks.

Todd

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Check the Tari Racing website for downloads of the open-source, free, EcuExplorer software, as well as instructions on usage, and also compatibility of USB-serial adapters. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Check the Tari Racing website for downloads of the open-source, free, EcuExplorer software, as well as instructions on usage, and also compatibility of USB-serial adapters. :)

Thanks.

Sounds so simple even I can do it!:icon_wink

:D Heck, bro, even *_I_* could do it - and I'm a confessed techno-retard! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 year later...
http://www.tuningspec.com/images/performance/00280a.jpg

I found this Its made by prova, and only its little over $100. It will fit behind stock, or aftermarket grille's.It basicall a diverter that direct air from the grill upwards to the openening in the intake.

http://www.tuningspec.com/usd/products/performance/item/pparts.asp?Product_ID=280

anyone ever buy this thing?

anyone ever buy this thing?

I have it. Had it for bout 2years. No hard numbers or anything but at speed the car gets cooler air which must be good for something. The Mazdaspeed 6 and 3 have a similar type duct so i'll assume the prova one works based off that. Also when i clean my filter i have lots of trapped dirt and stuff which proves some fresh air must be gettin in there along with the dirt, hehe.

Archived