LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B @ Wayne Subaru

ChruiSSer

haha TEST DRIVES FOR ALL!!! jk. I'm sure my boss would be THRILLED about that... We're located at 2204 Hamburg tpke in Wayne NJ 07470.

It will be here by next friday. We just recieved the brochures and it's looking mighty fine. They also claim 0-60 in 5.1 seconds... I was pondering trading in my GT or selling it, but financially it wouldn't make sense. We'll see.

haha... What's funny though is that b/c of the gearing I believe you need to shift into 3rd to hit 60mph. Second gear won't cut it. Theoretically then, the 5 speed should be faster!? The tune probably also accounts for the difference. I'll read the catalog tomorrow to see if they upped boost at all.

haha...I bet you could pull it off at a couple dealerships....

I'll say one thing, and I understand where customers are coming from to a point, but all these dealers are kicking themselves in the a$$. I'm hoping to make a few bucks on the Spec B, and probably the LTD STi if we get one one... On regular cars, we're lucky to sell car at $200 over invoice... These people spend DAYS going around to all the dealerships in the area to save $50 bucks. I lost a deal on a WRX today because of $3 a month! It's crazy. The sad part is when I do sell a car after all of this, watching them fill our a credit app and put down that they make 90k a year... It's frustrating...rant over

haha...I bet you could pull it off at a couple dealerships....

I'll say one thing, and I understand where customers are coming from to a point, but all these dealers are kicking themselves in the a$$. I'm hoping to make a few bucks on the Spec B, and probably the LTD STi if we get one one... On regular cars, we're lucky to sell car at $200 over invoice... These people spend DAYS going around to all the dealerships in the area to save $50 bucks. I lost a deal on a WRX today because of $3 a month! It's crazy. The sad part is when I do sell a car after all of this, watching them fill our a credit app and put down that they make 90k a year... It's frustrating...rant over

I suppose you have a point. I haggled for over an hour just to knock $7 off my monthly payment, I really felt good about it at the time, but it may have been a little silly in retrospect. I think a lot of people view car buying as a competitive sport, and you only "win" by getting the dealer to drop the price.

Also, some older friends of mine have told me that they remember buying cars before the internet and the availability of all this information about pricing and now that they know all this, they are convinced that they way overpaid in the past, so now its payback time.

+1 on payback.

i think so many of us have had negative experiences with dealers (even to the point of being hoodwinked) and now that information is out and available, we vow never to be ripped off again. to be honest, whenever i car shop i get at least 1 or 2 dealerships which only reinforce this poor opinion of car salesman.

Im on the dealership side of things like Chruisser, and I can see both sides....for a customer to see our side of things think of it like.....your doing our job, and you are honest and straightforward and work hard at your job, and customers come to you and treat you like your crap like the majority of salespeople out there and will leave over $2 a month..... its just the nature of the job, it can as frustrating for us as it is for you (customers)

Granted I agree the vast majority of dealers/salespeople i wouldnt want to deal with either! My advice is find somewhere you like and stick with it if your looking to make process easier and more enjoyable

Sorry for the Hijack ChruiSSer... good luck with your 07 Spec!

+1 on payback.

i think so many of us have had negative experiences with dealers (even to the point of being hoodwinked) and now that information is out and available, we vow never to be ripped off again. to be honest, whenever i car shop i get at least 1 or 2 dealerships which only reinforce this poor opinion of car salesman.

+2... I have been, unfortunately, taken a few times and never again! I love the internet and all the information I can get from it to make me a more informed buyer! Also, just becuase someone makes $90k a year doesn't mean they want to pay more for a car than they have to! In fact, now that I make more money, and have great credit I expect to pay less for all the year I made less and had "no" credit and had to pay more!

The other problem are these dealers that want to be #1 for subaru. Liberty, Ramsey, and Morristown... Their profits are based sheerly on volume, and selling 80 cars a month at a few hundred below cost yeilds the same profit as us selling 40 cars at between MSRP and Invoice. These guys are ruining the business! Starting $500 below invoice and going further!

Fortunately with the Limited STi, we have 3 pre-orders so far for $500 OVER MSRP!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Off topic, but is Wayne Cool with working on modded cars?

no offense, but i stopped taking my car to Wayne Subaru because they want nothing to do with my car.. and all i have is a catless stage 2 setup.. Ramsey Subaru knows my setup and they'll warranty anything as long as it's not a direct relation..

That might be worth trading in my 3 month old 05 LGT ltd 5EAT with less than 6,000 miles on if the trade is right...it's mint...it's new...it's pretty!

PM me with a trade ESTIMATE...

lol, as soon as i got my car last year, the 06 spec-b came out and i got numbers for a trade in... monthly payments shot up by 200 dollars

Archived