LegacyGT.com

LGT is used by Washington State's Sheriff

Mui01

Just gotten my SUBIESPORT and it had a little article on Kitsap County Sheriff department is using a black LGT for an undercover police vehicle with lights in the hoodscoop, grill and top windshield. I wish, I had a scanner, the LGT looks pretty nice!

But I have to say I once saw a New York State tooper with a Z28 in Long Island, that pretty bad ass and NYPD is thinking of using Chargers.:icon_bigg

Guest *Jedimaster*
repostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepostrepost

We got two chargers already....and I must say they look badass!! Bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do what ya gonna do when they com fo you.....

So Highway are getting them! Nice.

I have yet to see one of those chargers patrolling but they're are big time bad-ass. I love em. That's what the cops should all have. I dunno who decided a crown vic or an impala was a good idea. :lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

NJ staties have at least one tan colored Charger (I've seen him in the median of I-287 north of Morristown).

CT staties have a couple of Camaros - their version of a "pursuit special" - watch for them on I-84 at the CT/MA border area.

And I've been "up close and personal" with a GA statie in his 5.0 mustang. But I gave him a break and pulled over (back in 86', when I briefly had a Shelby GT 500, and had decided to air it out a bit - guess 135 in a 55 was too much air...)

CT staties have a couple of Camaros - they're version of a "pursuit special" - watch for them on I-84 at the CT/MA border area.

I almost got nailed by one of those in I-84.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

NJ staties have at least one tan colored Charger (I've seen him in the median of I-287 north of Morristown).

CT staties have a couple of Camaros - their version of a "pursuit special" - watch for them on I-84 at the CT/MA border area.

And I've been "up close and personal" with a GA statie in his 5.0 mustang. But I gave him a break and pulled over (back in 86', when I briefly had a Shelby GT 500, and had decided to air it out a bit - guess 135 in a 55 was too much air...)

^ Several towns/cities in GA have some really nice "pursuit specials." Mustangs, Camaros, 'Vettes, even.....

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

Along with those Camaros in CT there are also two Pre-05 Mustangs that patrol the Mass Pike.

One yellow and one blue....want to say the yellow is western mass(western border to I-84) while the blue is eastern (I-84 to Boston) but could have them switched. Have seen both of these, and the camaro on one trip.

Luckily on my numerous trips (almost every week over the summer) I managed not to get tagged by these guys. Will be keeping it very close to the speed limit from now on.

The local PD in my town has a Charger now, but I can't figure why they need it since there's very little space to get moving fast on the roads around there. I guess its just for the badass intimidation factor. I know I wouldn't want to see that grill in my rear-view mirror!

IIRC, Not all of the charger police package cars are Hemis. I think some of the more urban locales are ordering them with the SXT-grade V6. Probably very little outward appearance difference between the configurations, before the graphics package for each locale gets applied.

I think even the Hemi Police "interceptors" have the SXT plain bodywork, and steelies, maybe with better tires, and base cloth interior.

But that is just what is coming to mind, I may not be remembering correctly.

this thread reminds me of a very funny bit from the movie Black Sheep.

Motorcycle Officer: "Do you know how fast you were going?"

Chris Farley impersonating an officer: "I dunno... This things got nitro boosters.... I'd say about 65 or 70..."

Motorcycle Officer: "Seven. Seven Miles Per Hour." ... "And in this state, we pull to the SIDE of the road."

I am probably not remembering that very well, but I laugh histerically every time I see it. Never gets old.

I can imagine someone souping up that with a hemi-powered police cruiser like that Caprice. SRT engine with a nitrous kit, a big scoop on the hood, and big street slicks on drag wheels in the rear. I'd not want to tangle with anything like that.

Along with those Camaros in CT there are also two Pre-05 Mustangs that patrol the Mass Pike.

One yellow and one blue....want to say the yellow is western mass(western border to I-84) while the blue is eastern (I-84 to Boston) but could have them switched. Have seen both of these, and the camaro on one trip.

Luckily on my numerous trips (almost every week over the summer) I managed not to get tagged by these guys. Will be keeping it very close to the speed limit from now on.

Yep, the blue mustang is Eastern Ma. I've been pulled over by him. ;)

- The Mortgage Man

Archived