LegacyGT.com

Stealthbox arrived today $%#@ !!!!!

Dsfa

After busting my cookies at work the whole summer. I finally got up a enough money to buy some new stereo stuff and the last piece I was waiting for was the Stealthbox.

It arrived today and Guess what? It has NO DRIVER IN IT and it wasnt even carpeted. WTF!!!!!!! I call Tweeter and thier going to order me another one , so I have to wait another week or so to get it! :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf

What sucks also is I took time off from work to install this and now I can't.

Sorry about the rant as I am really disapionted .

On a lighter note here is what I am going to install.

DLS IRIDIUM 6.2

AUDISON LRX 4.300

AUDISON LRX 1.400

JLAUDIO CLEANSWEEP

STEALTHBOX

HARMAN KARDON DRIVE PLAY.

I can't wait.............

ouch sorry bro. hopefully they make it up to you somehow.

It's not Tweeters fault, it was sent from JL Audio with the seal unbroken.I can't believe that they would send it that way.

what kind of car?? JL is good about taking care of things...I dropped Manville an email on your behalf. maybe he can get a new one to you a bit faster :)

Thanks PGT,

It's for my 05 wagon. I wish I got in on your group buy as I paid retail for it too!

$700

It does look kind of cool without the carpet ,it's anice satin black LOL!

things like this happen, JL is standup company, and i am sure htey willtake care of it :)

by the way, can i recommend th iridium 6.3 for you? with a midrange and tweet in kcik panels, also dampeng your door and go from there, with enough power they will kick your pands off :)

things like this happen, JL is standup company, and i am sure htey willtake care of it :)

by the way, can i recommend th iridium 6.3 for you? with a midrange and tweet in kcik panels, also dampeng your door and go from there, with enough power they will kick your pands off :)

I am trying to keep my install as stealth as possible. I am sure they sound great but it's a little harder to hide the 3 ways. I was thinking of install the 6.2 s active and correct me if I am wrong I could not do that with the amp that I have and the 6.3

What do you think of installing them active?

There is no way that I can think of that this enclosure left JL Audio with no driver in it and no carpeting. We don't sell Stealthboxes without drivers or carpet and I can't imagine how it would have passed through several hands and gotten shipped that way. That being said, I suppose anything is possible, but it is very strange.

Please call our customer service dept. at 1-888-JLAUDIO, ask for Iris... I will give her a heads up on your issue.

well, a small midrange andt weet wouldnt be that noticable to be honest...

but you are right, in order to bi-amp the 6.3, you would need 6 channels of amplification...

either way, do a sound installation and you will love the way it sounds :) i hope you are doing lower door or kick mounted tweets hehe

b

There is no way that I can think of that this enclosure left JL Audio with no driver in it and no carpeting. We don't sell Stealthboxes without drivers or carpet and I can't imagine how it would have passed through several hands and gotten shipped that way. That being said, I suppose anything is possible, but it is very strange.

Please call our customer service dept. at 1-888-JLAUDIO, ask for Iris... I will give her a heads up on your issue.

I hope JL hasn't been jacked by the corporate pirates overseas.

Tweeter wouldn't knowingly sell fakes...but eBay stores might.:icon_wink

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Sad but true , anyways shit happens and Tweeter was very cool about it and they were just as puzzled as you. Jay my sales rep has been selling JL for 7 years and he said he has never seen it happen.

The only thing that I am really unhappy about is that the new one won't be in untill the middle of next week. I am glad I bought from an authorized dealer as I can imagine what a nitemare it would have been if I bought on ebay,

Manville if your interested in researching it the Stealthbox was purchased in Salem NH.

At this time there is no piont calling JL as Tweeter is handling it well .

Unless I can get free Tshirt or something I probably won't call >>>>>>>>JK

well, a small midrange andt weet wouldnt be that noticable to be honest...

but you are right, in order to bi-amp the 6.3, you would need 6 channels of amplification...

either way, do a sound installation and you will love the way it sounds :) i hope you are doing lower door or kick mounted tweets hehe

b

Installed them today and the tweeters are mounted on the kicks I put on some dynamatt and did the foam thingy around the speakers,I also used some Audioquest speaker cable I am running them briged from the Audison.

So far they sound incredible and I bet once there broken they will get even better.My previous speakers were Focal polyglass and I thought they sounded alittle to forward . These Dls are just what I was looking for and so far I am very pleased!

I did notice I slight bump in the upper mids an low treble portions of the speakers.I going to run them bridged intill I break them in and after thats done I am going to run them active.

Where do recomend I start as far as crosover points with these? There is little information about the crossover piont in the manual.

Thanks >>Jim

Archived