LegacyGT.com

Washer fluid light

GTTuner

Does anyone know if the LGT has a low washer fluid light? I can't find my owners manual and I'm running out with no warning light.

Can anyone confirm if the car is suppose to have one? I know

for sure I have never seen it come on in my car.

My Jetta had it and it was annoying. A loud beep would go off everytime. Typically when I was on a hill and the fluid level changed quickly. I would much prefer just having a light come on, or even nothing at all, to a heart wrenching alarm clock type of beep.

The light thingy is there, but nothing is hooked to it.

Are you saying there is a light in the gauge cluster, just sensor is missing and/or not hooked up?

Guest *Jedimaster*
Are you saying there is a light in the gauge cluster, just sensor is missing and/or not hooked up?

No, basically the little symbol is on the dash, no idea if there's a light behind it or not.

I found my owners manual last night. They do give a description of what the international warning light symbols are, but nowhere do they state the vehicle is equipped.

For 30K I would at least expect one. My Toyota pickup even has one!

No washer symbol shows up when you start and the cluster does a bulb check.

WTF Subaru????? Your biggest market is in snow belt areas. Hell in winter I empty that bottle every other day. I DEPEND on that travelling with retarded RI drivers on the highway in winter.

My next survey I get for the car I am going to express my dissatisfaction in the comments section.

Anyone here know what that other harness end clip does in the washer fluid reservoir area?

The last time I was down there, I believe I saw TWO ends to the harness leading there, and only one was plugged-in. What happens if one were to plug in the other clip?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*
Seems like there are waaaay more important things a Legacy needs than another idiot light (especially for something as mundane as washer fluid level).

Like the Ball Massager!

• 5 months later...
Seems like there are waaaay more important things a Legacy needs than another idiot light (especially for something as mundane as washer fluid level).

I see you don't live in a snowy area. Windshield washer fluid is not mundane. There's nothing worse than having your windsheild obscured by instantly freezing slush when you're doing 70MPH and suddenly discover that you just ran out of washer fluid. I've already had to roll my window down and stick my head out just to get stopped.

I give Subaru props for using the largest reservoir I've ever seen, but the absence of a sensor is very annoying. Hell, even my Jeep has one.

If I end up using my washer tank for meth injection, I will install a fluid level float in the tank and fish a warning light into the cluster behind the washer symbol. Sounds good on paper anyway.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived