LegacyGT.com

q Logic kick panels

danjr80

i had a set in my 2004 ford ranger and they were great, but i emailed q-logic and they said as of right now they don't have any plans on making them for the legacy:( , he told me to look at the universal ones and thay might work for me.

the main issue with Q forms is that:

1. they are kind of flimsy and prone to buzzing and rattling

2. they arent an enclosure of any type so midbass will suffer :)

i will build custom kicks for LGTs at a reasonable price :)

do a group buy on em!

i like kicks but id hate lo lose the space, id go for some 4" mids/tweet kicks w/ the midbass in the door though!

hint hint... :icon_bigg

1. they are kind of flimsy and prone to buzzing and rattling

2. they arent an enclosure of any type so midbass will suffer :)

you think you could build some low profile ones like say for a 4" mid and tweeter combo?

i like the real estate there and id like to to keep it low pro you know :)

im sure many people on here would be intirested...

Don't make statments like that and don't back it up! At least not on this site.:icon_bigg

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

sorry, hhe i acutally posted a sticky in the for sale forum a long time ago about this...

the problem wtih any kind of group buy through me is time, i am ona one man operation and almost always backed up for a month or more with custom intalls lined up...

but having said htat, i think low profile kicks with a midrangea dn tweet would work out welll...

whats included in the kicks would be: molded off the stock kick piece, thoroughly dampened, and then covered in black suede whcih really matches the interior well :)

cost wise...not sure, i normally charge about 350 a pair for building kicks in this manner, but if people pick up the speaker through me, i.e. DLS 3 way comp sets work great in this kind of set up: i usually do a package deal and lower hte price down to 250 bucks a pair :)

so lets go with rough initial pricing is like this:

kicks made for your speakers: $300 shipped a pair

kicks made with DLS 3 way com psets:

UP36 with kicks: $650

UR36 with kicks: $850

Iridium 6.3 with kicks $1000

if you want to know my work, you can go to www.my350z.com and ask about the kicks i have build for members, prolly around a dozen of them have gotten them through me :)

b

sorry, hhe i acutally posted a sticky in the for sale forum a long time ago about this...

the problem wtih any kind of group buy through me is time, i am ona one man operation and almost always backed up for a month or more with custom intalls lined up...

but having said htat, i think low profile kicks with a midrangea dn tweet would work out welll...

whats included in the kicks would be: molded off the stock kick piece, thoroughly dampened, and then covered in black suede whcih really matches the interior well :)

cost wise...not sure, i normally charge about 350 a pair for building kicks in this manner, but if people pick up the speaker through me, i.e. DLS 3 way comp sets work great in this kind of set up: i usually do a package deal and lower hte price down to 250 bucks a pair :)

so lets go with rough initial pricing is like this:

kicks made for your speakers: $300 shipped a pair

kicks made with DLS 3 way com psets:

UP36 with kicks: $650

UR36 with kicks: $850

Iridium 6.3 with kicks $1000

if you want to know my work, you can go to www.my350z.com and ask about the kicks i have build for members, prolly around a dozen of them have gotten them through me :)

b

hummm.... very nice deal, quick question for you. i noticed on some installs you had the speakers flush mounted in the stock location. (the kick panel)

A. how is the sound in your opinion since they are just flush mounted?

B.how much space do us legacy owners have behind the stock kick panel location? i know a tweeter looks like it wouldnt be a problem but what about a 4" mid???

well, the cars that have the flush mid all pretty much have DLS ultimate line of speakres, and in my experience, they work fantastic with off axis mounting like that. but its not just a simple flush job, there is a good layer or two of dampening back there too :)

as far as depths, there is enough room for a shallow pancake midrange, such as the one found on the UP36, whcih has less than a 1" depths, but the iridium midrange, probably would want to be molded out a little to fit...

but the other main issue why i may not be able to just flush mount the midrange and tweet is that i dont know if there is enough room...as you know, the stock kcik panel piece is two pieces, and the piece that separate and you remove is pretty small...

so basically...what i am saying is some molding is needed to fit, even for the up36, and the UR and Iridium we deinfely would need to mold out :)

b

Archived