LegacyGT.com

Canadian GT, very good news

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='waflowers']Hey, I like audio controls on the wheel! Very handy when doing long distance driving. -- Bill[/quote] It's safer too - you don't have to take your eyes off the road to adjust the volume![/quote]Indeed!
-ben

[quote name='axis008'][quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='waflowers']Hey, I like audio controls on the wheel! Very handy when doing long distance driving. -- Bill[/quote] It's safer too - you don't have to take your eyes off the road to adjust the volume![/quote]Indeed![/quote] yeah i read article about that and drivers who drive a cars with audio controls on the wheel has 50% less chance to get in an accident playing with their audio or something and in the same article or maybe other article it talked about smaller cup holder and coffee mug people tried to fit their mug on the cup holder which is smaller size than mug and spill it on their pants or whatever and get in an accident... that's just sad

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

The reason I like the abscence of audio controls on the wheel is because I like to AutoX and do some racing, they only get in my way and are distracting to me. That's just my personal opinion. I generally have a custom selection of music on my CD's in my desired order and I'm not really sure what a radio is, I only used the CD changer 99.99% of the time, so no real playing with any audio controls much, besides if you know everything without looking at it, your eyes stay on the road 100% of the time anyhow. :) I've been told the new cup holders have been made to work with new larger fountain mugs. :) Not that I use them much, just nice to have the option.

[quote name='SUBE555']The reason I like the abscence of audio controls on the wheel is because I like to AutoX and do some racing, they only get in my way and are distracting to me. That's just my personal opinion.[/quote] I understand your points and I guess you are still allowed to have your personal opinion, although I understand congress is working to address that issue. I just don't see how a couple of flush mounted buttons on the wheel are going to interfere with your driving in any way and you certainly shouldn't be looking at the steering wheel while your racing. More than likely you will get your way since it seems like most signs seem to point to no audio controls on the steering wheel anyway.

It is, I just don't like those extra bumps and such under my palms. I just hate clutter. My car is always clean on the inside. The outside is generally far from that though, hopefully that will be well displayed tomorrow. :D

hmn..so the GT limited manual might be [u]approximately[/u] $38 to $39k CA?....then GT limited auto should be well above $40k right? hmn.......that really puts it up against G35 and TL .......price wise,grr :|

wind..... the G35 AWD starts at $43K plus options. i think with this ti should be a good deal considering all factors like AWD & turbo. no other car in the market will get you this pricing. most people would be going for the 5MT instead of Auto. with Auto it gets you going, with MT I'm gone !

How sure are you guys that the GT Ltd. has Xenons? My literature (from the Subaru stand at the Auto Show ~~~ :? ) says projection halogens are standard. I'd rather have them anyway.... more sleeper too maybe. :D Also, I gotta get the primo sound package..... 8)

[quote name='3.75L H6']How sure are you guys that the GT Ltd. has Xenons? My literature (from the Subaru stand at the Auto Show ~~~ :? ) says projection halogens are standard. I'd rather have them anyway.... more sleeper too maybe. :D Also, I gotta get the primo sound package..... 8)[/quote] Xeon headlights? i don't think so :roll: .....primo sound package? :?: what r u talking about? (there is a primo sound package?????? :o )

[quote name='wind'][quote name='3.75L H6']How sure are you guys that the GT Ltd. has Xenons? My literature (from the Subaru stand at the Auto Show ~~~ :? ) says projection halogens are standard. I'd rather have them anyway.... more sleeper too maybe. :D Also, I gotta get the primo sound package..... 8)[/quote] Xeon headlights? i don't think so :roll: .....primo sound package? :?: what r u talking about? (there is a primo sound package?????? :o )[/quote] Oh, I just read the first post and I will go for the upgraded speakers, tweeters and sub. That's all, and I didn't think the US spec has Xenons, either.

^just found the stereo system STANDARD on the GT in New Zealand..... "An aesthetically pleasing single piece centre console incorporating a [b]McIntosh AM/FM radio 6 stack CD with 13 speaker audio system[/b] and climate control air conditioning system.? .....WOW...... :D!!

I'm going to steal the stereo out of a new TL to save some $$$. Maybe I'll go for the navi too and see if I can wedge that in the leg somehow. :D Seriously, this is another one of those wait and see things. The stock stereo may be a departure from all the other Subaru stereos I've heard and be good enough.

[quote name='ha-evolution']I'm going to steal the stereo out of a new TL to save some $$$. Maybe I'll go for the navi too and see if I can wedge that in the leg somehow. :D Seriously, this is another one of those wait and see things. The stock stereo may be a departure from all the other Subaru stereos I've heard and be good enough.[/quote] sorry to disappoint u..but the sound system for TL is specially designed to fit TL....everything in TL, from glass thickness, speaker position, and sound insulating material has been specially designed to fit the sound system to probide maximum quality...so if u just take that system to fit a Legacy, i doubt it will sound any better than Legacy's stock sound system...... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Just came back from a Montreal dealership. This is what I heard from the sales person; They will have some models in the showroom for test drives mid May. The non turbo Legacys will arrive early June for sale. The turbo models will arrive mid June. Prices will be known mid May. They were very confident that a Legacy wagon 2.5GT Limited AT will not exceed $40,000 CAD. Finance rates will go up (most likely to 6 or 7%). Not much info after all but I thought I'd share it anyhow... :|

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Omigosh finance rates at 6 or 7%? That's incredibly high considering the fact that the prime is sitting at 4% and I don't have a problem getting a LOC at that rate. They should be much lower closer to the prime in order for the cars to sell ! Incredibly competitors have it as low as starting from 1.9% - don't think Subies gonna make it.

[quote name='shelltox']Omigosh finance rates at 6 or 7%? That's incredibly high considering the fact that the prime is sitting at 4% and I don't have a problem getting a LOC at that rate. They should be much lower closer to the prime in order for the cars to sell ! Incredibly competitors have it as low as starting from 1.9% - don't think Subies gonna make it.[/quote] In Canada, is financing through the dealership your only option? It might be a bit hasty to say that Subaru isn't going to make it, because of those finance rates. I'm sure, for one thing, that if they're going up for Subaru, they're going up for everybody. Meanwhile, if anything can be gleaned from extrapolating conversion rates, that puts a loaded AT GT LTD (lotta initials, there) at less than $31K, more like $30.5. Hmmmm. I would say that's good news for us folks who are fundamentally opposed to spending more than $30K for a car, who are also interested in a base manual GT wagon. :D Kevin

Archived