LegacyGT.com

Canadian GT, very good news

Hello, First post to this great group. A bit about me, I have been lurking around for a long while, I currently own a BMW 325XI with a bunch of options and am the first one on a list in my area waiting to receive a GT Limited Manual. A bit of info for the Canadian model strait from Subaru of Canada - The GT Limited Manual will be at my dealer on June 1st - The GT Limited Manual will be priced between 38K to 39K $ca - The limited manual will not have the nav option - The 4 doors will have the same sunroof as the wagon, with the tilt in glass - The manual GT will have radio control on the steering wheel! I could not believe this but yes, it is true! - Passenger seat lumbar support adjustment will be the same as the driver - No Mackintosh radio option, No subwoofer - Spare tire will be full size, not same width, not on mag - Trip and engine management computer (mileage, consumption...) will be built-in - No Xenon option All of the above are at no extra cost for the GT Limited Manual So the real news here are the Radio controls on steering wheel and the bigger sunroof That's it, bye bye bimmer, hello low-key sleeper Have a good one Francois

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! If you do the conversion, that's about $28K base for a manual GT Limited. Boy, howdy! Thanks for the news, Francois, and welcome. I'm surprised about the radio controls on the steering wheel. That will be welcome news for many. The full-size spare is also very cool. Hope that makes it to the USDM. Kevin

In my bimmer with Xenon, the high beams in low setting acts as daylights, there is in fact a special small bulb for this. No Xenon, I believe it was to keep the STI price down in Canada As some have said, no big difference between Xenon and well designed Projectors with good bulbs My 2 cents Francois

Thats about the same price range I was expecting though we're still waiting on official pricing. Cummon SOA, will people have them picked up before you guys get the pricing figured out? Buck fudge if you ask me. Let people know what it is at the auto show and get them on or off the boat then. This waiting stuff is stupid.

The current Canadian GT w/ leather comes up to about US$24,500 ($1000 less than what it is in the US). If there is the same difference, a new Leg GT LTD could be USD$30k if it is CAD$39k. The price increase for a wagon over the sedan can sometimes be random so that's harder to guesstimate.

[quote name='francoisgt']- The GT Limited Manual will be priced between 38K to 39K $ca[/quote] My understanding is that current MY2004 Legacy wagon GT (AT only)MSRP is $35,500 CAD. Let's say the new MSRP for the new MT 2.5GT wagon is $38,500 CAD, that translates into an 8.5% increase. Not bad. We get: 85 extra hp projector headlamps 17" wheels major improvement on "looks" of the car better interior dual exhaust and chromed tips Now all Subaru needs to do now is to work those finance rates down. Francois: are we the only Canadians posting on this forum?

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='team23jordan']man why not just import JDM version?? damn you subaru :roll:[/quote] What does JDM stand for? (J)apan (D)...? (M)arket...?

There's a few JDM Skylines here. :D I have yet to see one yet though. :( Personally I don't think driving on the opposite side would be too much an issue for me. Shifting with left hand, not too much an issue. As long as pedals are the same, which they are, no issues. ;)

[quote name='TeeLoo']The GT Limited Manual will be priced between 38K to 39K $ca My understanding is that current MY2004 Legacy wagon GT (AT only)MSRP is $35,500 CAD. Let's say the new MSRP for the new MT 2.5GT wagon is $38,500 CAD, that translates into an 8.5% increase. Not bad. We get: 85 extra hp projector headlamps 17" wheels major improvement on "looks" of the car better interior dual exhaust and chromed tips[/quote] $38-39K CAD is listed for the GT Limited. So the GT can be expected to be a couple grand less than that. Therefore, if the GT comes in at $36,500-$37,000 you're only looking at a 3-4% increase, which is right in line with the rest of the world. And hey, I've been saying the whole time that the GT Limited would be around $29,000 or less. Subaru knows the power of the magic $30,000 mark, and they're shy to pass it arbitrarily. Give them a few years to build their brand image though, and watch out! EDIT: Wow, wardrobe, I mean, quote malfunction!

Guys Just spoke to my local Subie dealer and they cannot confirm the price as yet but stating between C$35 - C$40K. As all us knows, waiting for the big guys to put their heads together for the final numbers. However, SoC has allocated their first cars to each dealer (not sure whether it's going to be a 5MT or Auto) There are 2 orders (1 GT 5MT & 1 Outback) in so far and a dozen other inquiries but no commitments. They're trying to get my order as well. Francois & Teeloo - perhaps you guys could try and get the Canadian Forum going. I haven't seen your names there yet.

[quote name='kage']$38-39K CAD is listed for the GT Limited. So the GT can be expected to be a couple grand less than that. Therefore, if the GT comes in at $36,500-$37,000 you're only looking at a 3-4% increase, which is right in line with the rest of the world.[/quote] OK...I keep confusing the 2.5GT and 2.5GT Limited. :oops:

[quote name='SUBE555']There's a few JDM Skylines here. :D I have yet to see one yet though. :( Personally I don't think driving on the opposite side would be too much an issue for me. Shifting with left hand, not too much an issue. As long as pedals are the same, which they are, no issues. ;)[/quote] Not to draw things off-topic, but you'd be surprised how much of a pita it is to drive RHD cars here in the States. My Pop has an old RHD Lotus Elan he imported from the U.K., so I have some experience. You are correct that the shifting is no prob. However the visibility issue can be downright dangerous. Specifically, pulling out of a parallel parking spot without being able to see down the road behind you, or worse, not being able to tell if you've got a passing opportunity or not on two-lane roads. Simple things like that you take for granted become pretty big gambles.

[quote name='AgWagon'][quote name='SUBE555']There's a few JDM Skylines here. :D I have yet to see one yet though. :( Personally I don't think driving on the opposite side would be too much an issue for me. Shifting with left hand, not too much an issue. As long as pedals are the same, which they are, no issues. ;)[/quote] Not to draw things off-topic, but you'd be surprised how much of a pita it is to drive RHD cars here in the States. My Pop has an old RHD Lotus Elan he imported from the U.K., so I have some experience. You are correct that the shifting is no prob. However the visibility issue can be downright dangerous. Specifically, pulling out of a parallel parking spot without being able to see down the road behind you, or worse, not being able to tell if you've got a passing opportunity or not on two-lane roads. Simple things like that you take for granted become pretty big gambles.[/quote] OT is cool on Legacysti.com until Tide says otherwise afterall we're talking about a car we don't even have yet. How old is your Pop's Elan? Will he be buying a new Elise? If so I for one will be anxiously awaiting a full report.

1967 convertible, or "drop-head coupe" as they say over there. I've been prodding him to do the Elise and he seems pretty psyched that its finally coming here, but I don't get the vibe that he'll pull the trigger. He got the Elan when he was a LOT younger and I don't know that he's into the minimalist thing anymore. Who knows though? He's surprised me once or twice before.

[quote name='axis008']If the Canadian Legacy will have the audio controls on the steering wheel, I wonder if it will be an option for the USDM Legacy.[/quote] If not, then I know at least one person who will be making a run for the border. I live about ten minutes from the Canuckstani border.

i saw blue 98 skyline last summer :o with twin turbo supra i told'em to rev the engine and it was sweeetest thang i've ever heard

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

• 3 weeks later...

Archived