LegacyGT.com

Stohlman Subaru wrecked my car (NOVA)

lemme guess - the dash rattle by the LF a-pillar?

I've got the name, business card, and cellphone number of the 'former' DM, who works closely with the current one. I've promised not to post his info, but if you push hard enough with someone at the service desk, you'll get to him. :icon_mrgr

No, knock wood, no dash rattles. Mine are the door rattles, driver and passenger. Window rolled all the way up, it rattles. Window lowered even 1/2 inch, rattle stops. Not exaggerating. So frustrated. The rattles are in stereo! I can drive around with the windows down a little and they go away. But why can't they just fix it I wonder...

Maybe next time you talk to your friend, you can ask him if he has heard of the front door rattle issue ( and NO, its not the mirror gussetts), and if there is a procedure to fix?

As some people know, I am about to just take a bath in the depreciation because I am not driving the car. I can't stand the noise.

Thanks!

I will try Don Beyer, but if they are busy, I am sure they won't take on a "rattle" issue, even though its warranty work on a 5 month old car with 3k miles....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got off the phone with SoA and they vehemently state that it is not a "manufacturer" issue but rather a dealership/insurer issue.

I told them again that they are refusing to repair the car to my satisfaction and that they are wanting to repair the body panels and all they (SoA) can say is "sorry, you need to discuss it with the dealer". Then I said that when I told the dealer to purchase my car from me, the GM (Mike Rusnik) shot me a BS figure of $18,000. After I questioned that value, Mike Rusnik told me that this is a fair price for a vehicle with NO damage.

So, a note to all, apparently the GM of Stohlman believes that when a year old Subaru Legacy GT with NO damage and only 15,000 miles comes into his dealership, it's only worth $18k.

I'll continue to keep everyone posted on the matter; however I have a feeling I'm going to bite the bullet on this one.

That's Bullshit!!!!! Post this on NASIOC too so everyone avoids that dealership.

I did a KBB price on a 2006 LGT Limited with 15000 miles - TRADE IN value is $20,750. Mike Rusnik is being a real thieving scumbag.

Time for you to file a report with the BBB. Also, you might want to consult with a lawyer to see what your rights are and what you are entitled to.

I guess we all know now not to trust SOA or their shady dealer network.

Mike ,,( me playing devils advocate here )It really isn't an SOA problem,the car wasn't in fr warranty/recall work. I can see their position although a call to the dealership by SOA wouldn't hurt.

Stohlman screwed up,they have to make it right.

I surprised with the amount of people here we don't have a lawyer who could give friendly free advise. I know we have a few police officers, and several in the military. We should make a thread of what professions we are so that we could start and question and answer thing.

Just got off the phone with SoA and they vehemently state that it is not a "manufacturer" issue but rather a dealership/insurer issue.

I told them again that they are refusing to repair the car to my satisfaction and that they are wanting to repair the body panels and all they (SoA) can say is "sorry, you need to discuss it with the dealer". Then I said that when I told the dealer to purchase my car from me, the GM (Mike Rusnik) shot me a BS figure of $18,000. After I questioned that value, Mike Rusnik told me that this is a fair price for a vehicle with NO damage.

So, a note to all, apparently the GM of Stohlman believes that when a year old Subaru Legacy GT with NO damage and only 15,000 miles comes into his dealership, it's only worth $18k.

I'll continue to keep everyone posted on the matter; however I have a feeling I'm going to bite the bullet on this one.

Please, just make the claim with your insurance company. The dealers insurance company will have no choice but to pay what it costs for your insurance company to fix the car. You will get your deductible back. Trust me, im a licensed agent.

Whoa, can you say, "conflict of interest". Treat this as what it is, an accident where someone smashed your car. Would you let the guys at the car wash fix your car if they crunched it, hell no! First, call your insurance company and file a claim. Take it, no questions asked, NOW, via tow truck, to another reputable body shop. Tell that body shop to spare NO expense in fixing it - make it PERFECT. Let your insurance company and the dealership's insurance company handle the rest. As another fellow said, you are likely not even to have to cover deductible... but even if you were, it's better than getting fleeced double-time by the shady dealership.

And YES, absolutely file a claim with the BBB. It's your responsibility.

Pete

I would not call my insurance company, period. Number 1, they could care less about making sure your car gets fixed right. And even CALLING them will increase your rates, I promise. Doesn't matter about who is at fault. If there is collision damage, they find a way to get more money from YOU.

My car was parked and someone hit it and left a note. Called Progressive to report it, as I was always told I should do. Didn't file a claim! Everytime for the past few years I have tried to get insurance, they all ask me about the "accident" I had. I always tell them, "do you see any tickets? any claims paid out by MY insurance company?" It always works out in the end, but its a pain.

I would avoid my insurance company getting involved at all costs. Call Kathy Stohlman directly. You will get her voicemail, but she does check them. Simply tell her the name of your lawyer. That will get her attention. They are the highest volume VW dealer and Subaru dealer in the mid-Atantic. They don't want bad press.

But again, think hard about the ramifications of calling YOUR insurance company. That crap follows you around, regardless of fault. Any type of "incident" raises flags....

But again, think hard about the ramifications of calling YOUR insurance company. That crap follows you around, regardless of fault. Any type of "incident" raises flags....

I think it depends on YOUR insurance co..you mite wanna switch.

I'd call mine(Erie) in a minute,and I'm fairly sure of what the outcome would be.ie.

Me getting my car fixed properly, Stohlman paying the bill,and very little hassle to me.

I had a minor claim(my fault) with Erie and have NEVER been reminded of it written or verbal and no increase in premiums.

I would not call my insurance company, period. Number 1, they could care less about making sure your car gets fixed right. And even CALLING them will increase your rates, I promise. Doesn't matter about who is at fault. If there is collision damage, they find a way to get more money from YOU.... <snip>

You really need to shop around, man. I've had "incidents" as you put it on many occasions over the years - rear-ended twice in my Audi A4 when I had it, total of $5k in damage, a head-on collision where the car was written off, a CRX that was totaled while parked on the road (meat truck!).... and none of those cost me a PENNY, and my premiums never went up, and nobody ever asked me a single question about them... why? I was never assessed one iota of fault in any of them, and my insurance company was always reimbursed by "at-fault" party. And, I should add, in each case I could choose who did the work (my insurance company was happy for me to take my car to the Porsche/Audi dealer down the street for example).

Now, if there's vandalism or theft involved and you file a claim, that's likely to hurt on the back end. I'm willing to bet that your "incident" was labelled as such, and you are feeling it.

But something like this with an identifiable party to get their $ out of, I bet he'd be FINE.

Pete

can't blame SOA for this one. they don't own the stealership.

it would be like blaming taco bell corporate for a franchise burning you burrito.

http://www.perfectduluthday.com/uploaded_images/judgejudy-717488.jpg

if Subaru has their name on the door they are partly to blame. SOA should be checking the dealerships that sell their product. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

yes and no.

only to help protect their name.

SOA sells a product to a dealership.

if the dealership wrecks the products after a good delivery it's on the dealership.

correct? SOA shouldn't have any liability.

SOA has no liability as far as a repair but a concern of a customer being treated fairly by the dealership which carries their cars. so i 'm guessing we agree. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived