LegacyGT.com

Pontiac's secret weapon

How lame is Pontiac that it needs a supercharger to get its 5.3 liter V8 to spit out 260 hp and 280 torque? Hell, Honda and Nissan have been getting better than that out of their normally aspirated V6s for years.

still sucks

:whore: Now dont get me wrong, there is no replacement for displacement, but if you can only get 303hp out of 5.3L then there is somthing wrong. all the other car manufaturer's have smaller engines making more power with less displacement. if you give a european or asian enginier 5.3L to play with, they damn sure are getting more than 303hp. this is why GM=poo when it comes to making anything other than the 'vet

It has pushrods.. com'n. Any power advantage they get with the displacement they lose in inefficiency. If GM didn't makes cars at least I'd get a nice car everytime I had to rent. I usually say to myself "I can see why this is a rental, who would _buy_ this POS?" They don't even use the metric system, do you expect advanced technology?

Well other thing is Merc can make 380 and have a 5.5 but be super emissions friendly at the same time.

how much does the MB cost? apples to oranges. try the Cadillac V instead. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

5.3l.........303hp

6.0l.........400hp

7.0l.........505hp

8.0l.........550hp

HP is HP......who cares how much displacement it has;)

The only silly thing with the GXP is the fact it is wrong wheel drive

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

5.3l.........303hp

6.0l.........400hp

7.0l.........505hp

8.0l.........550hp

no kidding on the wrong wheel drive. btw 5.7l.....405 hp..... 03 Z06 Vette. :icon_bigg bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

US automakers have always had a different standard than the rest of the world. For NA engines, a high performance US engine is 1 hp per cubic inch. The rest of the world shoot for 100 hp per liter.

So a 5.3 liter engine SHOULD be making 530 hp. BMW M5 engine is 5.0 liter V10 and that makes 500 hp.

5.3l.........303hp

6.0l.........400hp

7.0l.........505hp

8.0l.........550hp

This is very true. The Grand Prix GXP is the Chevy Impala SS; pretty nice, but I’ll keep my LGT.

To argue everyone else’s points: how much do GM's engines weigh, and what's their overall dimensions compared to other manufacturers? If I remember right, GM decided to stick with the pushrod motors because they are a much smaller, lighter, simpler, and less expensive mill than others, even though it would require them to use a larger internal displacement, or add cylinders. Overall, I'd say it's a wash and that comparing displacement to displacement is a useless proposition. A better comparison would be HP&Tq/lbs to HP&Tq/lbs...I actually think GM would win this over other companies.

Think about this, GM is shoving a 5.3L V8 AND AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE under the hood of a car, and it’s not overly long. I can’t think of another company that’s doing the same thing…even if I don’t like FWD.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

http://www.pontiac.com/grandprix/galleryEnlarge.jsp?image=ext_profile

That's "bad to look at"?

Eh, to each thier own. Most people just hate it out right because it has the word "Pontiac" on it. I'll give it it's fair shake...like I did with Subaru...

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I know I'm one of the "older" members but I would take the GXP**if it was RWD over a STI any day.

Not the best looking car out there but there is alot worse out there.

I looked very closely @ a 04 CTS-V with less than 10k & if it did not have a problem with extreme axle hop @ launch that is what I would be driving today.

I will take another serious look @ the CTS-V when it comes time to sell the LGT.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

It is.....think it's 60/40:(

No cheaper looking than a STI

To help compair apples to apples, what's the weight split on a Nissan Maxima, Acura TL or even an Audi A/S4? (I honnestly don't know, so I could be wrong on this...)

The '07 GP GXP is also nearly $5,000 cheaper than Subaru's top of the line performance sedan ('07 LGT Spec.B)...not including discounds, rebates, hagling, etc.

Something else to think about...the Grand Prix GXP makes 303hp @ 5600 rpm and 323 ft-lbs @ 4400 rpm using REGULAR gas and gets 18/27MPG to boot...imagine the cost savings...

(all numbers are coming from http://www.edmunds.com)

EL4NFZT7

Archived