LegacyGT.com

Accident today ... GRRRRR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you see on the accident report that the owner of the car is Enterprise rental?

that figures...

Chappy, sorry to hear of your unfortunate event - THAT BLOWS!

I would def keep some of the parts, but make sure the body shop claims EVRYTHING - incl. the rim, tire, etc. (- always good to have xtra parts JIC:) )

Did you see on the accident report that the owner of the car is Enterprise rental?

Probably driving a rental while his other POS car is getting fixed from another accident this butthead caused.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

since when does enterprise rent kia's? but yeah -- thats what it says on the paper - so what does that mean?? Who's insurance handles that? the drivers or enterprise?

:icon_mad: probably means that this idiot's car is in the shop from doing the same thing last week!!!:icon_mad:

To answer everyone question at once ...

This my first accident in this car, and hopefully the last. I got rear ended in our expedition because some idiot decided to follow to close. The damage really wasnt there soo we didnt even fix it.

The owners insurance covers him on anything he drives, and yes, i knew it was a rental.

Im trying to think of a way of just getting pure cash to replace the tire so i can use it to buy Pirelli's i have wanted. Since the RE92s are soo expensive ... But im not sure if that will happen.

I love my car ... basically.

No one to blaim or kick the shit out of. This is what i walked up to 2 weeks ago. All fixed, but still pisses me off. I think some higher power hates me worse. Anyway, at least no ones hurt right?

Jesus. Why this place is full of jerks. Some jackass massacred roof of my LGT just freaking two weeks after I got it. And it was in Virginia, while car was parked overnight at a motel.

I boycot VA since then. Nazi state. And full of f**king rednecks in pickups who would never ever leave left lane. Worse than NJ in this respect.

Everyone elses car was fine. That suxs, after two weeks. My car is a year old but still new 13k miles. Karma is a bitch and i hope they get there's. Bought a Clifford RSX 3.5, so i don't think anybody will be messing with it anytime soon. Better than being paranoid all the time.

^^oh man, that sucks. Random vandalism. It pisses you off b/c you wanna know who did it so bad
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

What happened to the roof, it was keyed or something? ?

:iam:

Somethng, like branch or stick hit it at the angle. There were multiple dents, few close to the windshield.

I really tried hard to believe it was something that hit the car while driving, but no way - I would have heard it.

I have few pictures, but they are somewhat crappy because of the reflections.

IMGA0859.JPG.d1371e9797136469602b8bce23bae8bf.JPG

IMGA0860.JPG.3f5dda480250d31b558569bbf21e61fc.JPG

IMGA0861.JPG.3680cfdeaaa0f60cd5860ca1b4199d98.JPG

IMGA0862.JPG.223d2e94cd63493eca93f58d83f972aa.JPG

sorry to hear this. Isn't it always a Fu****g Kia or other sh1t box??

+1

#1 it sucks that you got hit

#2 it sucks even worse that is was a Kia:jedi: :jedi:

The other driver sounds like a real A-hole, (edit).... a Liar, sack-of shizznet A-hole!

I hope the damage turns out to be less than your intial (visual) estimate, and that it gets repaired to like new condition.

And Goddam those Kia's!!:icon_mad:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

UPDATE >>>

Bad news, We got a call from the guy who hit me bitch ass insurance company telling us that because it was a rental car, in the state of nebraska they dont legally have to cover it. They told us we are going to have to file a claim with enterprise rent-a-car insurance. The driver of the car already told us he didnt get the insurance and that his insurance covers him ...

We,my rents and i, think this is total bullshit and have never heard of this law. This guy really has no idea what he was doing, he didnt even look at the police report before he called me for a statement.

Basically it seems to us is that the insurance company is trying to abandon the guy who hit me, which they are. We are calling our agent tomarrow.

Hopefully we dont have to file a claim with allstate and loose our 500 dollar detuctable so that allstate can sue the guy who hit me. IM really pissed off now because this guy is going to cost us about grand because it takes 12 to 24 months to get your detuctable back. He may end up having to pay the damages to mine and the rent a car out of pocket.

What confuses me, is that if his insurance didnt cover him while in the rental car, doesnt that mean if he doesnt get enterprise insurance, he isnt driving with insurance??

Rant on >>> MOTHER ******* PIECE OF SHIT, WHY THE **** DO YOU HAVE TO RUN INTO MY CAR WITH YOUR SHIT FOR AN INSURANCE COMPANY YOU MOTHER ******* ASSHOLE IN YOUR GOD DAMN KIA <<< Rant off

DAMN !!!

To answer everyone question at once ...

This my first accident in this car, and hopefully the last. I got rear ended in our expedition because some idiot decided to follow to close. The damage really wasnt there soo we didnt even fix it.

The owners insurance covers him on anything he drives, and yes, i knew it was a rental.

Im trying to think of a way of just getting pure cash to replace the tire so i can use it to buy Pirelli's i have wanted. Since the RE92s are soo expensive ... But im not sure if that will happen.

Just make sure that his insurance company knows that whatever tire replaces your existing tires, per Subaru, cannot be more than 1/4" circumferentially different from any other tire (meaning, a new tire will not work with used tires) and all four have to be replaced. At $200.00 a piece for the RE92As you're looking at $800.00 cash to replace your tires. Check this thread for the "Math" on circumferential differences in case you need it.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18025

Good luck with the repairs.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

funny... i almost got killed by a jackass in a kia last night on the way home from the local subaru meet... he ran a stop sign at a T intersection and made a left turn.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

UPDATE >>>

Bad news, We got a call from the guy who hit me bitch ass insurance company telling us that because it was a rental car, in the state of nebraska they dont legally have to cover it. They told us we are going to have to file a claim with enterprise rent-a-car insurance. The driver of the car already told us he didnt get the insurance and that his insurance covers him ...

We,my rents and i, think this is total bullshit and have never heard of this law. This guy really has no idea what he was doing, he didnt even look at the police report before he called me for a statement.

Basically it seems to us is that the insurance company is trying to abandon the guy who hit me, which they are. We are calling our agent tomarrow.

Hopefully we dont have to file a claim with allstate and loose our 500 dollar detuctable so that allstate can sue the guy who hit me. IM really pissed off now because this guy is going to cost us about grand because it takes 12 to 24 months to get your detuctable back. He may end up having to pay the damages to mine and the rent a car out of pocket.

What confuses me, is that if his insurance didnt cover him while in the rental car, doesnt that mean if he doesnt get enterprise insurance, he isnt driving with insurance??

Rant on >>> MOTHER ******* PIECE OF SHIT, WHY THE **** DO YOU HAVE TO RUN INTO MY CAR WITH YOUR SHIT FOR AN INSURANCE COMPANY YOU MOTHER ******* ASSHOLE IN YOUR GOD DAMN KIA <<< Rant off

DAMN !!!

I'm not certain if it works like TX, but here the rental company is required to maintain minimum legal liability on the car. The extra insurance they try to sell you (at rip-off rates I might add) is to cover damage to THEIR car. So, at least in TX, you'd be covered for damage to the Legacy but he'd be liable for the cost of repairs on the rental Kia.

Just make sure that his insurance company knows that whatever tire replaces your existing tires, per Subaru, cannot be more than 1/4" circumferentially different from any other tire (meaning, a new tire will not work with used tires) and all four have to be replaced. At $200.00 a piece for the RE92As you're looking at $800.00 cash to replace your tires. Check this thread for the "Math" on circumferential differences in case you need it.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18025

Good luck with the repairs.

SBT

thats very interesting and helpful information. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived