LegacyGT.com

Accident today ... GRRRRR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get a lawyer, find out which one's liable by your state law, and sue that a$$ for ALL your headaches (rental, storage, repairs, etc.) whether it be the driver, one or both ins. cos., enterprise. he got the ticket and the report favors you.

do make sure you drive that bad boy, too, before you settle, because (i don't wanna freak you out, but...) i got hit the same way in the front wheel like that in my last car (by a pos tri-color 90-something civic that ran a red) and it took out my trans-- i hope that's not the case for you.

best of luck to you.

Ok for the people who are interested; the car was fixed, however we had to file a claim with our insurance company, so the accident I had is on their computers. Even though it wasn't my fault, if i get a ticket they might raise my rates, which is why i have a current interest in radar detectors.

Anyway,on the drivers side, the front tire, front rim and driver side fender was replaced, the bumper was repainted and reattracted. There is only problem, the bumper and replaced fender are a darker silver than the rest of the car, which is pretty noticable. Soo im probably taking it in sometime next week, i have already called them and mention it. I will give a picture of it if possible. The bumper edge, the part that is under the fender end that is over the tire, also hangs out a bit on the drivers side. Idk why but i will have them fix it.

I love my car ... basically.

Ok for the people who are interested; the car was fixed, however we had to file a claim with our insurance company, so the accident I had is on their computers. Even though it wasn't my fault, if i get a ticket they might raise my rates, which is why i have a current interest in radar detectors.

Anyway,on the drivers side, the front tire, front rim and driver side fender was replaced, the bumper was repainted and reattracted. There is only problem, the bumper and replaced fender are a darker silver than the rest of the car, which is pretty noticable. Soo im probably taking it in sometime next week, i have already called them and mention it. I will give a picture of it if possible. The bumper edge, the part that is under the fender end that is over the tire, also hangs out a bit on the drivers side. Idk why but i will have them fix it.

silver is the hardest color to match on any car. I've seen almost every automaker fix a silver car and the shades are always off a bit. If I ever got into a wreck, I always ask the dealer which shop they use and take it there.

on another note...there is a reason why people drive KIAs...nuff said.

All you do is threaten legal action to the man driving with "provisional" renters insurance and you have an open and shut case. It's the person who has the insurance who is liable for any and all damages to any car that person causes while behind the wheel.

It sounds like the guys insurance company is trying to weasel their way out of paying stating that they're in a "no fault" claim meaning that under the restrictions of the rental car agreement, they are not liable for damages due to the driver passing on car insurance while renting the kia. Further more if the man doesn't cough up the dough, the rental car company can also turn around and sue the man for posting a damages claim without insurance.

either way, you're not really screwed, just make sure you and your parents have a good lawyer.

Best of luck.

I've had a bit of a mixmatch on my paint like that since it got fixed last December. I've been meaning to get them to fix it, but as they said it's not critical and I can come in any time and I've got other things to worry about right now. I probably ought to call them and just get it done and over with soon though. I don't care it they just blend it back a bit further and more gradually, but silver does seem to be hard to match exactly. Under some lighting it's impossible to see the difference.

Archived