LegacyGT.com

05 OBXT vs 06 Impala SS?

I chap that I work with just got a new SS.

On paper his is a tad faster.

Mine is the 5EAT. I am 6' 230ish.

On the other hand, he is 5'10"ish, pushing 400-450lbs.

With his extra weight, if I was in a, er, "situation", do you think I have a chance 0-60? 20-60?

Or is his weight nothing for that big ole v8?

I don't mind beating him, but don't want to loose.

I don't mind losing one, just not to him.

Discuss...

Actually I disagree with these guys, if you are an OBXT with the AT, even with the extra weight he should have you. The numbers in a straight line at least are pretty close to the MT LGT, that said maybe traction will be a problem if so youll pull off the line but hell prob still run you down.

0-60: 5.6, 1/4 14.2 @ 101

Road Test Review: 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS - 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS Specs - Car and Driver - June*2006

Actually I disagree with these guys, if you are an OBXT wit the AT, even with the extra weight he should have you. The numbers in a straight line at least are pretty close to the MT LGT, that said maybe traction will be a problem if so youll pull off the line but hell prob still run you down.

0-60: 5.6, 1/4 14.2 @ 101

Road Test Review: 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS - 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS Specs - Car and Driver - June*2006

That's kind of what I was thinking.

I'd never race him per se, but there are a few spots local where the light is @ 2 lanes. He tends to be a smart ass, and would call me.

I don't have a problem ignoring him, but wasn't sure how my "sleeper" would fare. I know him in an OB or GT would be easy, but him in an 8 is what has me concerned.

I think I'd have to see on my mood. Even a tie/ slight loss would be ok I guess.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

I'd never race him per se, but there are a few spots local where the light is @ 2 lanes. He tends to be a smart ass, and would call me.

I don't have a problem ignoring him, but wasn't sure how my "sleeper" would fare. I know him in an OB or GT would be easy, but him in an 8 is what has me concerned.

I think I'd have to see on my mood. Even a tie/ slight loss would be ok I guess.

Speaking hypothetically b/c no racing on the board ;)

On a track some time id say go for it anyways, just buy him a big lunch first, give it a good launch and shut it down early. Not from a roll either.

It would be close regardless, he will have lots more respect for your "grocery getter" when he sees your tail off the line, itll scare him a bit even if he starts pulling later on.

stock will be tough. you might have a better chance off the line, but don't try highway speeds :(

order your accessport right now and be ready in a few days! :icon_wink:icon_mrgr stg1 with traction of the line (power brake) will catapult you to victory... if you feel like spending another $200 get a shorty downpipe and flash stg2 FTW.

or just start buying him donuts until he tops 550lb, than you WILL take him stock - anyone remembers the lady from what's eating gilbert grape? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm planning on the TDC route at some point, just not yet. I actually met John last week, and know what I am going to do/ how to proceed.

The car is 4 months old with 12,000 miles already.

I figure by next summer most of the waranty bugs, if any, will have reared their ugly head, so I plan to meet w/ TDC then.

I know, it may or may not matter. Right now just about everything in my life is adopting the "if it can go wrong it will" attitude. I don't feel like playing with the car just yet.

I forgot the traction issue- that will work to my advantage. Thanks.

Archived