LegacyGT.com

difference between legacy GT and GT limited

Actually, real leather, as opposed to fake stuff, doesn't really get as hot and cold as people often complain about. My GTP seats are real leather but the center armrest is fake. I can get in and sit rather comfortably on a hot day, but often needed a small towel over the armrest so I didn't burn my elbow for the first 5-10 minutes. Same was true with the Wheelskin cover I have on the steering wheel of my '78 Oldsmobile. It never got too hot to burn my hands but the vynil parts of my seat did. Still, cloth seats are cooler. They are generally lighter. Protected well they are fairly spill resistant. Sometimes they are more comfortable as well.

[quote name='GT Ski']Whoa, Whoa Trent... did I read your post right, did they add a fee for dual zone climate on the base GT?[/quote] Well, let me put it this way. The "base" GT I found on the lot had certain options already installed. The Subwoofer, Compass/Mirror, and Alarm Shock Sensor were optional items that a person could add on and the window sticker would reflect the additional price. The Automatic Climate Control was not an option that I could pick via an option code, but the car was built with this item and the price of the car reflected that as well. My invoice price without the Auto Climate unit was a few hundred dollars less than their invoice price with the Auto Climate unit. Their base invoice price was higher to start with and their invoice prices for the options were identical. So, I paid for the Climate Control unit, but I wanted it anyway so it worked out fine.

[quote name='GT Ski']That seems very off to me, I thought all GT and XTs came with Dual-Zone regardless...[/quote] Ahhh. I see where you are coming from! I only have experience with my purchase. I didn't even investigate other cars on the lot to this extent. My researched invoice price didn't include the Auto unit. In fact, everything I read (brochures, web sites, etc.) stated that the Auto unit only came on the "Limited" cars. The invoice price that I brought in was simply for the base GT plus the Popular Equipment Group (Shock sensor and Mirror) and the Subwoofer. All the figures matched exactly except for the base invoice price. I didn't include any other options, dealer prep packages, etc. As a VIP member, I paid the invoice price plus taxes. It would seem that SoA decided to give everyone Auto Climate Controls on GT's contrary to the sales material at the time. But, I think anyone will find that the invoice price has been increased to cover the difference in cost. Has anyone gotten a "free" Climate Control upgrade?

Perhaps that's true now. I was looking at the option chart when I did my pricing and it looked like it was only included on the Limited models. (2.5i and GT) The fact that others have commented on this of their own volition leads me to believe that I wasn't the only one pleasantly surprised! But, I could be wrong. :)

If its any consolation, the perforated leather seating surfaces (is that the correct term?) seem to be of a bit better quality than most other far east leather clad offerings. Still not quite like Mercedes though. PS They really did the moonroof right (unless I experience leaks in the future) it really fixed all the issues associated with the mail slot on my 2000 2.5 RS.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived