LegacyGT.com

New Camaro is def a go......mid 08 as a 09 model

There will be a base V6 model along with several V8 models.

There are strong suggestions of a LS7 equipped version also....If they build it, I will buy:)

I'll go halfsies with you.

I saw that article where they mentioned more than one V8 and hoped for "an LS and a whole number greater than six". I think they'll probably off the newer 5.3 with cylinder deactivation as the other V8 but I'll add the LS7 option to my nightly prayers.

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

I still have bitter feeling about it. I don't like the retro thing. It is TOO close to a 1969 Camaro.

GM should've taken cues... then went on with an innovative and fresh design. The Retro movement is over, IMHO. If you want 1969 looks... buy a 1969 Camaro! :rolleyes:

Plus... GM pissed me off when they killed the Camaro name. After the F-body community BEGGED them not to do it... the killed it anyway. Then, a year later... they were baffled as to why the Ford Mustang was eating their lunch in market share. How dumb can you be? :rolleyes:

During all my frustration with my LGT I ordered a 69 convertible, frame off restoration SS Camaro from YesterdaysFavoriteCamaro.com Black, white racing stripes, black top with black/white hounds-tooth seats...

They were at Barret-Jackson's in Jan of 06 and they only build/restore 69 Camaro's. This will be fun!

During all my frustration with my LGT I ordered a 69 convertible, frame off restoration SS Camaro from YesterdaysFavoriteCamaro.com Black, white racing stripes, black top with black/white hounds-tooth seats...

They were at Barret-Jackson's in Jan of 06 and they only build/restore 69 Camaro's. This will be fun!

OK, I will go on record as saying I officially hate you. And yet.... I want to be you.

And Barret-Jackson has skewed the average person's perception of what a car is worth so much that eventually no one will be able to afford one. More and more people seem to be saying, "I've seen one go at auction for xxx,xxx so mine's got to be worth [way more than it really is]."

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

OK, I will go on record as saying I officially hate you. And yet.... I want to be you.

And Barret-Jackson has skewed the average person's perception of what a car is worth so much that eventually no one will be able to afford one. More and more people seem to be saying, "I've seen one go at auction for xxx,xxx so mine's got to be worth [way more than it really is]."

even KBB is up there in $$$... agree with your comment on Barret-Jackson. I just added the Barret part only because to show cars at that auction you have to be approved and considered to be one of the best bulider/restorer of your trade.

Wow very cool site. How much is a car from them if I may ask?

Stage 1 Coupes start at $60K depending on your options. I went with a slightly modified stage 1 convertible.... and I got a deal:)

Guest *Jedimaster*
meh. I really liked the 'california camaro' concept car years ago....they ruined it when they brought it to market:

http://carstyling.ru/resources/concept/89chevrolet_california_camaro_1.jpg

Yup, me too- saw it in person back in the day at Epcot Center. I like the new Camaro- they really made the first good looking one since the 60's! Let's just hope they don't have to do too much to the concept's looks to bring it to production.

Archived