LegacyGT.com

Fitting a tow bar to an Aus Liberty GT

MattyC

I fitted a towbar on my '07 legacy gt this weekend as well, I took photos of the dismantling process which is missing from this walk through, so will upload those to supplement matt's post soon.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
I fitted a towbar on my '07 legacy gt this weekend as well, I took photos of the dismantling process which is missing from this walk through, so will upload those to supplement matt's post soon.

so im assuming for an '08 legacy gt the hitch (2010RW) from this website (http://www.shop1auto.com.au/New%20towbar%20pages/Towbars_Subaru_Outback.html) would be the one needed, correct?!

so im assuming for an '08 legacy gt the hitch (2010RW) from this website (http://www.shop1auto.com.au/New%20towbar%20pages/Towbars_Subaru_Outback.html) would be the one needed, correct?!

Only speculating - but the main thing I would query, if you're buying an Aussie towbar for a USDM model is that the USDM rear bumper is larger (sticks out further) than the AUS liberty (which is effectively the same as the JDM legacy)

Best to email them first and check?

Only speculating - but the main thing I would query, if you're buying an Aussie towbar for a USDM model is that the USDM rear bumper is larger (sticks out further) than the AUS liberty (which is effectively the same as the JDM legacy)

Best to email them first and check?

Having it stick in the bumper less would actually be better since the bike rack I would be using already has an extension built into the rack itself. Plus it would look more flush and you could potentially create a plug for the receiver with the same material from the bumper

But more importantly, check to ensure that the bolt-alignment holes in the exact same location on the JDM versions, versus the USDM versions.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived