LegacyGT.com

Is This Really the '08 LGT?

LBV

Hey everyone - I'm a current owner of an '05 330i ... automatic ... a decision I've been regretting soon after I bought it - the transmisison that is, not the car as it's a great driving machine.

When I was shopping around the LGT was right at the top of the short list along with the bimmer.

Anyway, to make a long story short I wanna get back into a stick and the '07 Spec B is looking pretty hot. My dilemma rests with the unknown looks and performance of the supposedly redesigned '08's ... ie. do I risk losing out on a performance & looks upgrade on the '08's by jumping into an '07 Spec B?

I did some looking around and found the attached '08 Japanese LGT Spec B that looks awesome but not significantly different. Does anyone think this is or isn't the new '08's?

Thx!!! Lou

2096952286_2008LGTmaybe.jpg.adc7246a3da5c8f84f9a08fcb1aa6f7d.jpg

Yes, that should be the JDM '08, but ours will look a little different. Same headlamps but different fascia / grille. Check out the discussion in the News and Rumors area here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/subaru-news-rumors/34513-new-08-legacy-pics.html

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

the headlamps will probably have to have yellow parking corners for it to be legal. and as far as the fascia...different or uglier, however you see it.

That is not the standard GT facia, ours should be fairly close to the standard JDM GT.

Anyway, to make a long story short I wanna get back into a stick and the '07 Spec B is looking pretty hot. My dilemma rests with the unknown looks and performance of the supposedly redesigned '08's ... ie. do I risk losing out on a performance & looks upgrade on the '08's by jumping into an '07 Spec B?

If you can live with your bimmer for another year then I would wait. Even if you don't care for the '08, you could at least get a good deal for a '07 Spec B at that time.

That nose is only for the Spec B variants in Japan. The lower bumper on the standard Legacy and Legacy GT doesn't look as aggressive.

That's the '07 JDM model, which should become the '08 USDM model, with some minor changes. USDM requires a thicker bumper beam, so the bumper will protrude more than the JDM version. They might make other minor changes.

I have not heard of any performance enhancements for '08, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. They'll probably keep it a secret as long as they can.

Hey everyone - I'm a current owner of an '05 330i ... automatic ... a decision I've been regretting soon after I bought it - the transmisison that is, not the car as it's a great driving machine.

When I was shopping around the LGT was right at the top of the short list along with the bimmer.

I did some looking around and found the attached '08 Japanese LGT Spec B that looks awesome but not significantly different. Does anyone think this is or isn't the new '08's?

Thx!!! Lou

Hmmmmm.. not so sure on that one... the Legacy and Outback models are the only ones that get the ugly sticking out bumper... Look at the Impreza, Forester and Tribeca.. all nicely rounded.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking specifically about the Legacy when commenting on the bumper beam - I have no knowledge of the other Subaru models.

We won't see that grill on the Spec B or LegacySTI but we'll get something better. ;)

This is going to get aggravating. The more we hear, the more we want to know, and the more we want to know, the more frustrated we'll get because we can't get any real facts yet.

But, I suppose we can still ask questions, like: What do you mean by something better? A better grille? A better car?

Your statements could be interpreted as saying:

We're getting the Spec B AND the LegacySTI, but it will have a better grille.

OR

We won't see that grille on a Spec B or LegacySTI, but we're getting a car that's better than the Spec B and LegacySTI, like maybe, it's about time, finally putting a B11S derivative into production.

Hmm, that ought to start the rumor mill churning again!

I have not heard of any performance enhancements for '08, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. They'll probably keep it a secret as long as they can.

Actually the JDM 2.0GT Spec B HP is now 280 ps (~276 hp) and the regular 2.0GT is slightly up rated to 260 ps (~256 hp). The USDM gets the EJ25 so we have to see if we get the similar hp bump.

If you can live with your bimmer for another year then I would wait. Even if you don't care for the '08, you could at least get a good deal for a '07 Spec B at that time.

Ya, you're right on there ... gives me more time to save too!

Now with talk of a "tuned by STI" version things start to really get interesting ... not to mention the new 335i sedan around the corner too ... decisions .. decisions ...:confused:

This is going to get aggravating. The more we hear, the more we want to know, and the more we want to know, the more frustrated we'll get because we can't get any real facts yet.

But, I suppose we can still ask questions, like: What do you mean by something better? A better grille? A better car?

Your statements could be interpreted as saying:

We're getting the Spec B AND the LegacySTI, but it will have a better grille.

OR

We won't see that grille on a Spec B or LegacySTI, but we're getting a car that's better than the Spec B and LegacySTI, like maybe, it's about time, finally putting a B11S derivative into production.

Hmm, that ought to start the rumor mill churning again!

Here is the small nugget of which I will drop.

There will be 3 trim lines for 2008.

The LegacyGT

The LegacyGT Spec B

The LegacyGT STI

enjoy. :)

The LegacyGT

The LegacyGT Spec B

The LegacyGT STI

Available to.................

Japan. :lol:

The LegacyGT

The LegacyGT Spec B

The LegacyGT STI

More like a small turd - you obviously know crap about Subaru's plans for MY2008. There's no Legacy STI, but there will be a 3.0R (finally).

;711407']More like a small turd - you obviously know crap about Subaru's plans for MY2008. There's no Legacy STI' date=' but there will be a 3.0R (finally).[/quote']

Depending on the market and which side of the pond your on... yes you're corrrect about the 3.0R

Depending on the market and which side of the pond your on... yes you're corrrect about the 3.0R

Well, even if only Japan gets a Legacy STI, that bodes well for the possibility of getting it here in the U.S. someday.

Also, getting the 3.0R here for '08 is really good news, because I was told recently by my SOA contact that the likelihood was low unless Legacy sales picked up here. Apparently sales picked up enough to sway their decision.

I just wish I had gotten that info before I picked up my '05 GT. I might have waited. Oh well, the turbo H4 has more hp potential more cheaply than the 3.0 H6, so I'll console myself with that.

Well, now I'll just wait for the Legacy STI instead! If it comes here in 2010, I'll be ready!

^ Surprise! :eek: [rant] PDX does love starting the rumor mill just to get people all excited about nothing. Also, he does it because so many people ask over and over again about the Legacy STi, it's his way of leading them on just to get a rise out of them. Wow, one side of the pond will get a Legacy STi??? REALLY? Gee... wonder which side that would be? :rolleyes: [/rant]

As for the OP: I would wait since I'm sure you know even with BMW you're gonna get hit with depreciation so soon after buying.:( As another poster said, you could even get a really good priced '07 when the '08 comes out if you don't like the '08. As for the 335, it's gonna be awesome, but it's gonna run about $41-45k. So, about 10k more then the spec.B if it stays the same.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

PDX-LegacyGT is full of it, that's what's going on.

Not necessarily, he may just have different sources. I can definitely see Japan getting a Legacy STI, though that's no guarantee that we'll ever see it here in the states, but it's a step in the right direction, especially if it's actually an STI model. The S401 never set foot off Japan's shores. I don't believe the S201 - 203 ever did either.

Impreza STIs sure made it here, and have been a great success for Subaru. If the Legacy keeps getting more and more popular, especially with the 3.0R coming, a Legacy STI may be a great success too.

I think the 3.0R will go a long way toward bringing the Legacy into the mainstream. I'm sure some people were hesitant to buy a Legacy, thinking that the 2.5i was too mild, but the GT was too wild. The 3.0R will give a new level of refinement to the Legacy line.

I project an accelerating increase in the Legacy's popularity.

You people need to calm the hell down. I said a LONG ASS time ago my Subaru rep was a SOJ rep. If I claimed the LegacyGT STI was coming to the US, I would've said so. Furthermore, to avoid any cluster-fvcking of the interpritation of what I'm telling you guys... I'll start using JDM.

So to clarify for people that are bent out of shape, the JDM Subaru Legacy lineup will look like this:

Legacy GT

Legacy GT Spec B

Legacy GT STI

happy?

You people need to calm the hell down. I said a LONG ASS time ago my Subaru rep was a SOJ rep. If I claimed the LegacyGT STI was coming to the US, I would've said so. Furthermore, to avoid any cluster-fvcking of the interpritation of what I'm telling you guys... I'll start using JDM.

So to clarify for people that are bent out of shape, the JDM Subaru Legacy lineup will look like this:

Legacy GT

Legacy GT Spec B

Legacy GT STI

happy?

PDX, with an avatar like that how could anyone get mad at you :lol:

;711407']There's no Legacy STI' date=' but there will be a 3.0R (finally).[/quote']

Ok... are you talking about USDM for 08?

So 07 JDM with new bodywork, is: (IIRC)

2.0i, limited, etc.

3.0R

2.0GT

2.0GT Spec B

3.0R

3.0R Spec B

Legacy Blitzen (2.0GT Spec B special edition)

2.0GT spec B Tuned by STI

various outbacks...

07 (existing US bodywork):

2.5i, SE, Limited, etc...

2.5 GT Limited

2.5 GT Spec B

Various outbacks

And according to Jon, 08 USDM, with new bodywork, derived from 07 JDM, we'll be getting the following:

2.5i, SE, Limited, etc...

2.5 GT Limited

maybe 2.5 GT Spec B

and proposed Legacy 3.0R

Likely NOT 3.0R Spec B, Blitzen, or STI tuned Legacy,

But was PDX suggesting that the STI tuned Legacy will be coming for USDM '08?

Is this accurate to what people are saying? Given SOA's track record with the Legacy, I can see a 3.0R happening, and that would be a good thing. I don't see a 3.0R Spec B, Blitzen, or STI tuned Legacy coming. The 07 JDM STI tuned legacy is hawt. Too cool for SOA... :icon_roll

Archived