LegacyGT.com

Turn on HVAC w/o A/C?

canis

[quote name='canis']This is getting annoying. For those fall days where you just want fresh air, is it possible on the Limited to turn on the vents [b]without[/b] turning on the a/c?[/quote] Turn on the system and turn off the A/C. Make sure you have it set of fresh air as opposed to recirc.

Yeah, I know what your talking about, kinda sucks that it turns on the AC everytime you turn on the system. I am not really fond of hte HVAC system, a little to buggy if you ask me. Should have spent more time developing it and making it easier to use. I mean its not hard to turn it on then turn off the AC, just a minor annoyance, something that should have been fixed in development.

[quote name='Deer Killer']Don't turn it on by the auto button.[/quote] That's the problem. It doesn't matter how you turn the system on, the A/C comes on with it. On my Jeep, you could turn on the air, and utilizing the compressor was a separate and distinct function, with the exception of defrost.

[quote name='canis'][quote name='Deer Killer']Don't turn it on by the auto button.[/quote] That's the problem. It doesn't matter how you turn the system on, the A/C comes on with it. On my Jeep, you could turn on the air, and utilizing the compressor was a separate and distinct function, with the exception of defrost.[/quote] Press the A/C button to disable the A/C? :?

[quote name='mccorry']Actually, you can just hit the mode button to open the vents up. No need to even have the blower on. Hitting mode repeatedly will switch the vent locations (feet, dash, windshield, etc.)[/quote] Right but I was assuming he'd just want air blowing...who knows?

I understand.... that will just get you free flowing air from movement (high pressure area by HVAC inlet). If you hit the fan speed switch it will start the blower without turning on the A/C compressor... (EDIT - I was wrong..... it WILL turn on the A/C) :evil:

Let's face it - these automatic, two-zone climate control systems are crap. They're always trying to guess what you want but they usually come up with the wrong answer and you have to fix it with several other button presses. They're solutions looking for a problem. I wish there were a way I could get the manual climate control in my car. It was so simple when you just had knobs for where the air came out, what temperature it was and what force was behind it. Instead it checks to see if Venus is retrograde and whether you're a Sagittarius before deciding to turn on the AC when it's 50 degrees out. Smart devices are generally dumb. :x

I agree about the unusability of the AC controls. In the morning it can't decide if it wants to blow hot air or cold. Let's say I'm driving out to the freeway and the temp is set to 71. It figures it's time to blow warm air, when the external temp reads as 65. When I get on the freeway, even though it's still set to 71, it decides to blow cold air, and the external temp reads slightly cooler at 59, probably due to the windchill? Makes no sense to me. The concept of the dual climate zones was neat, and the first time I've ever had it in my car. But it's just not well implemented IMHO.

[quote name='Deer Killer']Turn it off and leave it that way, it doesn't come back on unless you fool with it. No problems here, got in the car this morning, AC still off.[/quote] I agree with DK, there is one mode where the auto climate control works well - in the OFF position. If you do find yourself in need of heat or AC - good luck getting what you want. (Also, I would have thought AC issues were more interior than exterior - is this in the right forum?)

[quote name='jaycee'][quote name='Deer Killer']Turn it off and leave it that way, it doesn't come back on unless you fool with it. No problems here, got in the car this morning, AC still off.[/quote] I agree with DK, there is one mode where the auto climate control works well - in the OFF position. If you do find yourself in need of heat or AC - good luck getting what you want. (Also, I would have thought AC issues were more interior than exterior - is this in the right forum?)[/quote] Not climate control JUST the AC.

Archived