LegacyGT.com

Upgrading the Stereo!?

Kuth678

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
Is the new radio a "weatheband" radio? BTW, WTF is a weatherband radio anyway? Does it tell you the weather or something?

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']Is the new radio a "weatheband" radio? BTW, WTF is a weatherband radio anyway? Does it tell you the weather or something?[/quote] :roll: DUH.[/quote] Have a cup of STFU, please. Now, pardon my ignorance, but what does it do?

[quote name='jedimaster']Have a cup of STFU, please. Now, pardon my ignorance, but what does it do?[/quote] With an attitude like that, I'm not sure why I would. :roll: [size=1]BTW You already answered your own question n00b.[/size]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']K- I tease because I love :)[/quote] You're making me want to leave!!1111 j/k :P[/quote] Don't let the door hitcha ;) J/K bro- glad to see you have a good sense of humor.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Postwhoring.. where? OT - it's good to see some good people here! Present company excluded of course.[/quote] :lol: Right back atcha! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Haha. Just to get back on topic, PPower stated he wanted to get 6.5" components. Does the new Legacy fit 6.5" components? Just wanted to make sure. I have no clue what sizes they can fit, but I would like to know, so like PPower, I can plan ahead.
-ben

[quote name='Th3Franz']Once I get mine I might try to open up the door panels and find out what size speakers it has. :D[/quote] Cool thanks! Hopefully it has already been documented somewhere or someone else has already checked though, so you don't have to go through the trouble. :)
-ben

[quote name='axis008'][quote name='Th3Franz']Once I get mine I might try to open up the door panels and find out what size speakers it has. :D[/quote] Cool thanks! Hopefully it has already been documented somewhere or someone else has already checked though, so you don't have to go through the trouble. :)[/quote] But what if I already were to throw some different speakers in there once I found out the size? :P

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='axis008'][quote name='Th3Franz']Once I get mine I might try to open up the door panels and find out what size speakers it has. :D[/quote] Cool thanks! Hopefully it has already been documented somewhere or someone else has already checked though, so you don't have to go through the trouble. :)[/quote] But what if I already were to throw some different speakers in there once I found out the size? :P[/quote] Ah! What you got planned?? Haha. Or you can keep it a secret and surprise us all when the time comes.
-ben

[quote name='axis008'][quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='axis008'][quote name='Th3Franz']Once I get mine I might try to open up the door panels and find out what size speakers it has. :D[/quote] Cool thanks! Hopefully it has already been documented somewhere or someone else has already checked though, so you don't have to go through the trouble. :)[/quote] But what if I already were to throw some different speakers in there once I found out the size? :P[/quote] Ah! What you got planned?? Haha. Or you can keep it a secret and surprise us all when the time comes.[/quote] We'll see how the bank is doing after I get the car and determine insurance and other costs. 8) It'll be a surprise when the time comes.

:( If you guys over the pond get the same Kenwood based headunit that we get in the UK then be prepared that only the official Subaru accessory Kenwood CD Changer will work. After consulting the muppets at S.U.K and being told that any modern Kenwood changer would fit I purchased a 719MP (MP3-10 disc changer) Unfortunately the BUS leads are not compatible and I'm not aware of a work-around unless somebody knows better ? Kenwood UK also stated that the two are incompatable. Damn Subaru/Kenwood proprietary system... Help ? :?:

• 2 weeks later...
Further update... The Legacy actually uses a discontinued Kenwood BUS system, hence why nothing modern will link up with it. :( Then, after returning the new MP3 CD changer, I purchased the FM Radio version 'KDC-CMP59FM' that fits '99%' of new cars.... This also doesn't fit the Legacy because for some strange reason the headunit isn't fitted with the usual iso radio aerial male/female connector ! [img]http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/images/products/e118.jpg[/img] Unfortunately you will have to chop/solder the connector, really not very satisfactory, very poor upgrade path indeed, 1 out of 10 Subaru ! :( :!:

Archived