LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G6 GTP

I test drove it!!! It was in my price range and sporty sedan catagory. I test drove the LGT, the Jetta GLI, and the G6 GTP. All autos at the time. Fastest was the LGT then the jetta and very dead last was the GTP. slow cheap interior. If I were to rate them the LGT would be a 10, the GLI would be a 8, and the GTP would be like a 4. And this is biased because my old car which I loved tremendously was a Grand Prix GTP. I was insulted that they gave that G6 the GTP badge. Maybe if he got a stick shift one it would feel faster but mine was a turd. And I got out and verified it was a GTP I was so shocked.

From Edmunds:

"That being said, the G6 GT never feels underpowered. The pushrod 3.5-liter V6 is as close to cutting-edge technology as a Commodore 64, but it provides enough go to keep up with most cars in the class. The G6 runs the quarter-mile in 16.2 seconds, just three-quarters of a second slower than an Accord V6.

you do realize the GT and the GTP are different versions? this thread is about the GTP

I told him that and he said he couldn't get leather in the wrx unless he got the limited, which was a bit above what he was paying. He said he liked the gtp because it had more hp, then when I showed him the wrx 0-60 times, he just said "whatever." At that point, I think I knew all hope was lost.

25k would def get you into a demo 06 LGT:)

You can get a brand new one in New England or even at Fitzgerald Auto Malls | All vehicles have discounted, full delivered, no haggle prices! for that price + change....

NEVER a wrong wheel drive car!!!! NEVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Heheheheheh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

You realize that the G6 chasis is the same as the Vauxhall Vectra correct... That being said...

I hope your friend likes understeer... CATASTROPHIC understeer...

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=1bZmLxDb5RM]YouTube - Vectra VXR[/ame]

He will get his ass handed to him in the twisties by a Box Van.

You realize that the G6 chasis is the same as the Vauxhall Vectra correct... That being said...

I hope your friend likes understeer... CATASTROPHIC understeer...

YouTube - Vectra VXR

He will get his ass handed to him in the twisties by a Box Van.

Vectras sell a lot in Europe, they are great cars, just not for the performance enthusiastic crowd like us....

Wrong wheel drive with 250ish or more hp, you will always have lots of oversteer....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

going out on a limb here but....

your friend=tool :lol:

just kidding...i'm sure someone else was thinking it. i'm sure he's a good guy. he just doesn't relize that power to weight and FWD is killing his "240HP". just be sure to smoke him plenty in the GT.;)

He seemed kind of offended, claiming I jumped on him for not getting a wrx. I told him I just wanted him to make an informed decision. He then told me he really didn't. I just don't understand, other than the lack of marketing factor, why subaru doesn't sell more cars than they do. I think you're pretty hard pressed to find a better overall value across all the price ranges. Oh well, just kills me to see people dump $25k into what basically equates to an impulse buy. That's america, i guess.

He'll get his on the road, and it won't be just by me :)

He seemed kind of offended, claiming I jumped on him for not getting a wrx. I told him I just wanted him to make an informed decision. He then told me he really didn't. I just don't understand, other than the lack of marketing factor, why subaru doesn't sell more cars than they do. I think you're pretty hard pressed to find a better overall value across all the price ranges. Oh well, just kills me to see people dump $25k into what basically equates to an impulse buy. That's america, i guess.

He'll get his on the road, and it won't be just by me :)

One word:

Stubbornness!!!

heheheheheh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

yeah i can't understand it. if i'm dumping 25K into a car i am damn sure going to know what my options are and drive them!

Well then, uh, the only car I testdrove within a year of my LGT purchase was an Evo and I knew I wouldn't be buying one.

Archived