LegacyGT.com

Chicago Sun-Times Review of 06 LGT

Vimy101

Weird that this review and the recent Washington Post review are of the 2006, when the 2007's are days away. Seems a bit of a waste when there are some solid updates to the legacy.

I think it's a little press to churn the 06s before the 07s hit the lots in force. This is a good time of the year to drive some hard bargains with the dealers.

Positive review, but why do these things always say "Nice car if you can't afford the real thing from Europe"...?

:icon_conf

I could afford the "real thing", but I prefer to shop for good value. Subaru has a positive appeal to people who deliberately don't care about status objects, who want a durable and reliable car that can be maintained at reasonable cost, and who like slightly quirky car companies that do things their own way.

I guess a lot of people just don't understand...I feel I have found the real thing, which for me is great performance and utility at a reasonable cost.

Positive review, but why do these things always say "Nice car if you can't afford the real thing from Europe"...?

:icon_conf

I could afford the "real thing", but I prefer to shop for good value. Subaru has a positive appeal to people who deliberately don't care about status objects, who want a durable and reliable car that can be maintained at reasonable cost, and who like slightly quirky car companies that do things their own way.

I guess a lot of people just don't understand...I feel I have found the real thing, which for me is great performance and utility at a reasonable cost.

Ditto. Well put.

My belief is that a car in the shop is anathema to motoring. The Japs know this and that is why I buy their cars.

Don't you think that BMW 3 series has better driving dynamics than Legacy GT?

I admit that I did not drive "the Bangled" version with infamous RFTs, that supposedly ruin the driving but previous model 330i or 330ci with sport package were fabulous.

Krzys

Yes, I do think the regular BMW 3-series with the sports package has better driving dynamics than the Legacy GT, but that's not the only thing I care about.

The AWD BMWs are not all that impressive to drive in comparison to the RWD versions, and the 3-series Touring (wagon) doesn't have very much cargo space. BMWs seem to break a lot, and seem to be very expensive to maintain once you are out of warranty.

The Legacy is a better all around car for what I want.

Archived