LegacyGT.com

5EAT LGT Limited 2005 Leftover for $24K...

Mercury

Hi guys, I’m shopping for a used LGT (I’ll import it in Canada), now I found one that is exactly what I’m looking for. It’s a 2005 LGT Limited 5EAT with about 6000 miles on it.

The dealer is saying the car was never sold, so basically it’s a demo… with 6000 miles on it. Anyway that’s fine by me. The thing that eats me up is the price… They are selling it for $24000, for a 2005. It’s in NJ.

They’re saying that they cannot sell lower then what they paid, well the car has been for sale for quite a while now, so I got a feeling that they could go for lower… my plan is to call back and speak to the sales manager and make him an offer…

So I’m turning to you guys asking what would be a reasonable offer for that car?

Thanks and I can’t wait to join the LGT owner gang! :cool:

my car was an 05 demo car as well. 5eat sedan with 1300miles at time of title. i was out the door with for 30k including $1000alarm upgrade, $3300 for 7/100 extended warrantee, tax, title, liscence and a buncha other stuff... and i didnt even try to haggle... sticker on it was 33k if i recall.

it gets titled as a new car so dont worry about that. least here in california anyway

since the 07s are out you shoul dbe able to get for allot less since most people shooping for a new car will skip any 05s if theres 06-07 around

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Is it Salerno Duane in Newton? A few months back when I was looking they had a white limited wagon that the manager of the dealership drove, as I recall it was just under 6k miles. It was a nice looking car, actually the color combo I wanted, white on black....problem was they wouldn't come down from 27.5k. Two weeks later I bought an ABP limited wagon for well under 25k with options.

Hmm, you guys got real good deals, especially you jholder, hehe...

Well, I'm not really looking for a 2005, I'm looking for the right color combo (dark-color/taupe interior), and a good deal...

So what do you guys think, should I offer $21.5K?

Hmm, you guys got real good deals, especially you jholder, hehe...

Well, I'm not really looking for a 2005, I'm looking for the right color combo (dark-color/taupe interior), and a good deal...

So what do you guys think, should I offer $21.5K?

I should also add that I jumped on it as soon as I saw it, called the guy, then flew up two days later and drove 700 miles back. I had been on the lookout for a while. Black or regal blue with taupe interior. I've been quite happy overall.

--james

$3300 for 7/100 extended warrantee

Am I the only one who thinks that's a lot to pay for an Extended Warranty?

I only got 6/60,000 but I also only paid just under $900. I drive less than 10k miles per year. But adding 40k miles and 1 year add that much to the price?

Am I the only one who thinks that's a lot to pay for an Extended Warranty?

I only got 6/60,000 but I also only paid just under $900. I drive less than 10k miles per year. But adding 40k miles and 1 year add that much to the price?

i thought it was expensive too, but its nice to have... ill be the first to admit i overpayed a bit on my car... but i milked them for so much free stuff its ridiculous. free shock sensor, oil changes for a year (i do it once a month heh), free alignments, and right now im trying to get them to replace my headunit with the 07 head unit since mine is blown. oh, and a bunch of 20% off coupons for the parts deptartment that have no expiration date and no $ limit.

borrom line if the dealer is inflexible on price as mine was, make them fatten the pot with free shit.

then again my dealership is pretty cool.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

The dealer is Somerset Subaru.

i dealt w/ ed at somerset. Mine was an SOA company car w/ 8000 miles. Every option available 2005 LGT LTD Silver on Black. they originally told me 24,699. i got it for 22,500. he can do better. hold out a little while.

Alright, well thanks for the advice timpappas... I'm sure I would have been able to cut a deal for that much... and I would have been super happy...

Anyway, now I never gonna post any info on my findings on the forum, the car has been for sales for a long while, and 2 days after I posted the deal, it was sold, gone. The perfect car... anyway lesson learned, I hope it wasn't some lurker, thanks to all of you guys for you inputs.

Archived