-exterior look

-subdued but noticeable exhaust note

-adj armrest

-instant power from V8

-better ABS IMO

What I liked better about my LGT:

-interior room in back seat

-handling (surprised by this)

......(I have JDM Bilsteins on iON springs, COBB sways)

............my LGT actually rode a little bit more luxurious, but was more nimble and predictable, the extra 600 lbs .............. on the S4 was very very noticeable, on tight turns it felt downright heavy, ugggggggggh!

-road noise (also really surprised, my LGT is extensively dynamated)

-stereo (mine is not factory except for HU)

What was a wash:

-brakes were linear but not awesome, my brakes grab a bit more

......(I have Bobcat pads, SS lines, fluid)

-power (except for the lack of lag) I thought it would be faster, but seemed about the same

.........soon to be a plus for my LGT as I am getting coated headers, TBE, protune, then AVO400, TMIC, pump

.........(I Think I will beat an S4):icon_wink (currently at stage2 w/ gutted DP)

-Shifter (I have a short-shifter & bushing, but AUDI's is a little smoother)

Feel free to ask me questions. Frankly the test drive was a big surprise! I really expected a lot more from the S4. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice car, but if you want a performance machine you need an RS4!

Going around clover leafs the AUDI's limits were less then my LGT (and frankly I am not all that impressed with my TOYO T1-Rs on dry pavement, I have driven better, good in rain though). Stupid ESP even if it is turned off intervenes, nice feature, but it has to be completely defeatable!

I am sure there is more, but can't remember now. I will post when I remember.

I remember a while back BOXR pulled up right next to a brand new S4.... and SMOKED it nasty. That was funny.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I don't know if anybody is all that interested in this thread, but I have something to add.

The S4's clutch is not awesome, but it is way better then our stock POS! I tried launching the S4 a couple of times and it was fairly easy, linear, and it did not slip or stink, just went.

I have had my LGT for over a year and I still have a really hard time launching it good. Either I bog, or it slips and stinks up the neighborhood!:icon_conf

I will be getting a new clutch (and flywheel) sometime soon so hopefully this problem will be solved. Nice thing about the S4 is that although the clutch could easily launch 4400 lbs of weight (with two people in it) and contain whatever power that nice V8 had, it has not at all heavy on the left leg. I don't think I will be able to say the same about an upgraded LGT clutch, it will be a little heavy!

As far as how fast it is, I looked in a road& track report and it puts a stock S4 at 13.8 at 109. My LGT is about 13.4 at 104 or so right now (very educated guess) so that explains why the S4 didn't feel too quick, but would probably beat me on the highway.

RS4's aren't nearly as impressive as you would think. S4's have Recaro's from the factory. The euro S4 seats are even nicer,

C&D just reviewed the new RS4 and they didn't seem to be all that impressed, esp in light of the MSRP. It sounds like the biggest issue with both the S4 and the RS4 is that they are pigs. Oink, oink!!

They're both sweeetttt lookin' vehicles, though...

C&D just reviewed the new RS4 and they didn't seem to be all that impressed, esp in light of the MSRP. It sounds like the biggest issue with both the S4 and the RS4 is that they are pigs. Oink, oink!!

They're both sweeetttt lookin' vehicles, though...

Honestly it felt like it had a 600 lb front license plate!:lol:

Seriously, it is way too heavy! I keep thinking my car does not quite handle perfect, doesn't quite rotate like a nice BMW, not as precise. While I am still going to keep tweaking my LGT's suspension to get it where I wanted it, the S4 made my car seem like a Mini! (insert PGT's comments here_________________, remember PGT that I have iON springs on my Bilsteins, unlike when you had them)

I am starting to think that the RS4 can't be too extremely great either, it weighs about the same, and that cannot be completely masked.

I'm curious on how you would rate the interior of the S4 vs the LGT?

Here's what somebody else posted on another forum (I know it's not S4 but it's fairly similar except for seats):

"The Legacy I spent 2 days with was a GT, loaded to the gills (leather, etc). Nice car, but had a very buzzy interior and the interior plastics are only a shade above an Evo inside - not what I wanted for a comfy winter car,

The Audi I compared it to, and ended up getting, was an '06 A4 Avant. I got a better deal on it comparitively to the Subaru ($34 a month more, as the Audi reseale smokes the Subaru and they had a deal that could not be passed up). Interior was far better (a different class of car)"

Newer Audi interiors are really top notch. Our old TT's interior was one of the nicest ones I've ever encountered. It's really a shame that the reliability is so questionable on those cars, we got rid of the TT because it was out of warranty and I didn't trust it to not drop $500-1k repair bills on us on a regular basis.

I defanitly prefer VW/Audi interiors to the Legacy. However, I think Subaru did a really good job on this car, and the interior improvements in the new Legacys are one of the big reasons we with Subaru.

I'm curious on how you would rate the interior of the S4 vs the LGT?

Here's what somebody else posted on another forum (I know it's not S4 but it's fairly similar except for seats):

"The Legacy I spent 2 days with was a GT, loaded to the gills (leather, etc). Nice car, but had a very buzzy interior and the interior plastics are only a shade above an Evo inside - not what I wanted for a comfy winter car,

The Audi I compared it to, and ended up getting, was an '06 A4 Avant. I got a better deal on it comparitively to the Subaru ($34 a month more, as the Audi reseale smokes the Subaru and they had a deal that could not be passed up). Interior was far better (a different class of car)"

Audi's interior's are gorgeous, period.

That being said my non-limited LGTs interior is pretty good, except for my rattling dash that is being replaced under warranty next week!:confused:

I would easily say the Audi's interior is worth an extra $5-6000 over my cars.

Archived