LegacyGT.com

ILL.5 / ILL.6 flicker

stephenahood

^ On the '05s, it's on the driver's side, by your left knee. It's the same place as the outside mirror adjusters and wiper heater switch. It's a vertical dial.

Although most likely such flickering is a contact issue, there's been at least one member here who actually had to get his ECU reflashed/replaced in order to fix this problem. And yes, he's a well-trusted/known LGT-brother, and no, it couldn't be solved any other way.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

does anyones HVAC and Stereo illumination flicker? I have that problem. No rhyme or reason, and ILL5 and ILL6 display does not flicker

yeah ive had that one too. also had the radio volume randomly go up and down while the controls were flickering.

ill attack the dimmer switch when i get back in town.

Kenda:dm:

I havent and i leave mine on ill.6 most of the time (flicker) but i have had the flashing and on mine its happened maybe 3 times since ive had the car and turning it all the way down and back up a few times and then setting it back to whatever I had it set at seems to stop it. However if that doesnt work and you keep getting the flickering all the time I would have them replace the switch.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I will have to try this. I recently experienced the volume changing on my stereo that everyone was talking about now I have to experience the flicker. I usually have mine on ILL 3 and it is plenty bright. I will have to try this for the sake of experimenting.

does anyones HVAC and Stereo illumination flicker? I have that problem. No rhyme or reason, and ILL5 and ILL6 display does not flicker

mine doesn't flicker, the complete A/C and radio display just turns off... ;\ happened for the first time last week, then again yesterday morning, then again just now on my way home... i made an appointment for monday to have it fixed... anyone else have this problem? the red lights work and the radio and A/C function completely normal.. just the white lettering disappears.. so both displays are completely black

Is there a fix out for the dash ILL.5 flicker??

if all else fails do the arthurfonzerali method...... a quick 2 hits to the dash. that'll take care of it.:icon_bigg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Yep, I get the ILL5/ILL6 flicker too probably a couple times a week. It's annoying. I'll have them look at that along with the driver's side window switch (it kinda sticks and is tough to push to the auto-down depth compared to the other switches) next time I have the car in for service. May be a humidity issue, I'm not sure.

I think the radio volume thing happened once.

. I'll have them look at that along with the driver's side window switch (it kinda sticks and is tough to push to the auto-down depth compared to the other switches).

my car is goin in tomorrow for the window switches binding and the radio display turning off... you think they'll warranty it? my car is still covered.. :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
if all else fails do the arthurfonzerali method...... a quick 2 hits to the dash. that'll take care of it.:icon_bigg

:lol:

Archived