LegacyGT.com

Car and Driver Review. A favor to us?

OK. First off, I have to complement Deer Killer for actually finding out the facts, through study. Good job. I admire people who make the effort. But, So the door rattles a tad bit when the window is rolled down into the door. Maybe I am off my rocker, but this matters why? It's a frameless window. that is the way it works. now, if the mechanisms in the door start damaging the glass, then I'll start getting concerned. (subarus and lots of other cars have had frameless windows for decades, and don't damage the glass) This is a non-issue, to me. It is like saying that a Subaru is faster than cars with framed windows, because the doors are lighter without window frames. Maybe you can even document it, but "who cares?" Just my .02$

Any of you guys ever owned an 80's car with frameless windows? I have....American made Cutlass Supreme.....close the door with the windows down....the rattle goes on and on and on and on....like a Dodge starter from the 70's...never ends (exageration kinda). Im not real thrilled about the start of the frameless window rattle in these new cars....thats how it starts out.....rattle...then RATTLE, then [size=6][b]RATTLE[/b][/size] I complement Deer Killer on the actual study! Mark 2005 Silver Legacy GT Lmt. Sedan

[quote name='Xaqtly']Deer Killer, maybe you're not getting me. I said MINE doesn't do that. You still haven't disproved a damn thing, haha. Am I going to have to go record my door closing just to show you what I'm talking about?[/quote] Yes, I want to be sure you have the magical legacy from fairy land, because I've seen at least 4 '05 legacies/outbacks in person (not including my own), and they all sound the same.

Gentlemen, within the world of automobile assembly lines, there are varying tolerances. My center console squeaked, while other people's didn't. My WRX sounded much more solid than almost any other WRX I heard, and didn't evince any of the miscellaneous squeaks and rattles that WRXes did. So it is entirely possible that Xaqtly's doors don't rattle. Deer Killer, that graph is impressive stuff. Hats off. Kevin

Magical Legacy from fairy land? Oh well fine, I guess you're right, a total of 4 Legacies/Outbacks really does constitute overwhelming and non-debatable proof that every single 05 Legacy has doors that rattle when the windows are down. Please forgive me for ever doubting you, despite the fact that my own Legacy doesn't do it. I guess I'm just an idiot.

Archived