LegacyGT.com

pulling the trigger...

Hey all, I have been looking for a 1970 240Z for well over a year now and I think I finally found THE ONE!!! My wife actually said "go for it!" So, hopefully by the time I get home tonite, I will be the proud owner of one of the greatest (IMO) sportscars of all time!!

Regards,

Astrohog

Very cool! :D

I've owned a '71 and a '78. The '71 had a 327 chevy and went like hell, but I only owned it briefly. The '78 had full suspension, header/exhaust, cam, FI tweaking and I loved that car. Stolen and stripped.:(

Another Z is on the short list, but I need more time, money and space! ;)

+1 lets see some pics!

will hopefully get some pics tomorrow. I ended up getting a 1971 240Z. it just turned 100,000 miles and is in pretty decent shape. It has been repainted red from the original silver. Paint is not the greatest, but it is a step up from a MAACO job! Dash is PERFECT! Carpet is OK, but VERY faded. There is a little rust here and there, but no structural rust and the battery box/ firewall area is in great shape.

I am not completely sure what my plans are at this point, but I am thinking of formulating a two to three year resto or major refresher and then maybe giving it to my oldest son (he is almost 13 now) for his first ride! How cool would that be?!!!

My Cousin and Uncle are both Z EXPERTS and havde lots of goodies lying around, so should be a fun few months hooking up with the local Z club.

If anybody in the Northwest Washington area, there is a BIG Z meet in Port Townsend the 17 - 20 of August at the fairgrounds. I am thinking of taking the Z and the Subie (the late-model Z guys should appreciate the GT!!)

I'll snap a few pics tomorrow. I think it will be sunny and I just got done giving her a bath/vac/mini detail!

Regards,

Astro

Archived