LegacyGT.com

Tree Sap on my car!

I just moved to a place with no parking so i basically try to get whatever street parking i can find....

i parked under a tree that dropped tree sap all over my car and i don't know what to do to with it. i used cleaning wipes to try to take them off, but they left some sticky white marks on it.

any ideas?

Clay works too if the particles are pretty random. After you use the bug/tar remover you should feel the surface. If you still feel anything other than a perfectly smooth surface then you probably need to clay it. Make sure you keep your paint protected if you are going to have to be in that parking spot very often. Sap doesn't stick as well to a waxes or sealed car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Clay works too if the particles are pretty random. After you use the bug/tar remover you should feel the surface. If you still feel anything other than a perfectly smooth surface then you probably need to clay it. Make sure you keep your paint protected if you are going to have to be in that parking spot very often. Sap doesn't stick as well to a waxes or sealed car.

+1 with the clay bar treatment. I used Wolfgang products. Got crap off my car that i thought would never come off. Came off pretty easy.

Alright, I'm sure all of these things work fine...but when I have sap on my car, believe it or not the best thing I've found is bacon.

I didn't want to believe it, but standing there, rubbing a raw, fatty slab of bacon on the tree sap actually worked.

And the car smelled great...

mmmm...bacon

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Brillo pads and 400 grit sand paper will get the sap off too, but at what risk to the paint? I'm not sure I trust bacon on the paint. I've seen what grease can do to cars and it ain't pretty.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Alright, I'm sure all of these things work fine...but when I have sap on my car, believe it or not the best thing I've found is bacon.

I didn't want to believe it, but standing there, rubbing a raw, fatty slab of bacon on the tree sap actually worked.

And the car smelled great...

mmmm...bacon

I love you man!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I love you man!

Yeah, I thought you'd appreciate it Hogmeat...

But it does really work. I was in a pinch to get it off, as I had some fu$king sappy trees at my old apartment complex that dripped all over my truck and started to strip some paint off of the roof.

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

You know another strange food that removes tree sap?

Mayonnaise. Not kidding... my tenant came out to find me fretting over what looked like a sap-hemorrhage (think: drink coaster- sized) on my wagon's roof a few weeks back and she went inside and got a glob of mayo out of the fridge and after convincing me for a minute, we went to work.

Something in the mayo breaks down the sap and it came off with some rubbing with a damp cloth.

Archived