LegacyGT.com

as expected, G35 driver's gloating over C&D article...

[quote name='racerdave']I drove the G35. Nice. I drove the LGT. I liked it more. Others opinions don't really matter at this point, even those of magazines. [img]http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/moon.gif[/img][/quote] :postwhor: I like that reply the best, if they want to keep carping, let em.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same concept I bet. Except for the "minor detail" (sarcasm) that It dosent have real LSD's Thats like building the worlds most capable off road vehicle in the world and putting chrome 24's with spinners on it. I would bet that the skyline has real front and rear LSD's.

The link isn't working! am I missing something here? When did C & D compare the G35 to the LGT? And if they did, it wouldn't be saying much. Except that they keep testing a "standard" Japanese brand like Subaru, against the "premium" nameplates of Japan and Germany. What exactly are "g35 owners gloating over?"

[quote name='RobY']Same concept I bet. Except for the "minor detail" (sarcasm) that It dosent have real LSD's Thats like building the worlds most capable off road vehicle in the world and putting chrome 24's with spinners on it. I would bet that the skyline has real front and rear LSD's.[/quote] it does have a true mechanical rear LSD....unlike the g35x. [url]http://autozine.kyul.net/technical_school/traction/tech_traction_4wd_21.htm[/url] the saleperson was just spitting out what he had been told by the regional rep and the regional rep had been told by some marketing guy. the similarities are probably that the center differential is controlled by a computer.

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote]Hence you get fun results like this [url]http://www.whobroketheinterweb.com/shared/cartrouble2.wmv[/url] Note the plumes of snow coming from ALL the wheels [/quote] Awesome footage :!: That was cool. 8)[/quote] Dittos! That was awesome! I'd be a little worried about oil starvation when getting those cars to spin that fast, on their polar moment like that. Hopefully their engines don't go POP!

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan'][quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote]Hence you get fun results like this [url]http://www.whobroketheinterweb.com/shared/cartrouble2.wmv[/url] Note the plumes of snow coming from ALL the wheels [/quote] Awesome footage :!: That was cool. 8)[/quote] Dittos! That was awesome! I'd be a little worried about oil starvation when getting those cars to spin that fast, on their polar moment like that. Hopefully their engines don't go POP![/quote] I doubt your going to get anywhere near .8G's centrifugal force.

One of the guys there had this in his sig 2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan 14.2 @ 97.18 Z-Tube K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod 10 Wire Hyper-Ground Crawford Plenum (V4) UR Crank Pulley Hotchkis Sways (M/M) Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner I have a hard time beliving that his auto seden is capable of doing 14.2. Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a great car and great looking, but the seden is eh. As fast or faster than the Legacy? I find it hard to believe.

[quote name='some6uy008']One of the guys there had this in his sig 2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan 14.2 @ 97.18 Z-Tube K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod 10 Wire Hyper-Ground Crawford Plenum (V4) UR Crank Pulley Hotchkis Sways (M/M) Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner I have a hard time beliving that his auto seden is capable of doing 14.2. Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a great car and great looking, but the seden is eh. As fast or faster than the Legacy? I find it hard to believe.[/quote] wasn't the C&D quarter mile time for the F-XT faster than that? :lol: i forget what the quarter mile time is for the L-gt, but it's funny that it is likely about that fast (~14.2)

[quote name='some6uy008']One of the guys there had this in his sig 2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan 14.2 @ 97.18 Z-Tube K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod 10 Wire Hyper-Ground Crawford Plenum (V4) UR Crank Pulley Hotchkis Sways (M/M) Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner I have a hard time beliving that his auto seden is capable of doing 14.2. Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a great car and great looking, but the seden is eh. As fast or faster than the Legacy? I find it hard to believe.[/quote] This is VERY possible with the G35 sedan even an automatic one. I have a 2002 Maxima (auto) and it's fast. Guys over at the Maxima.org have gotten their 02/03 auto Maxima's to run mid to high 14's in the 1/4 stock. I think the average is like 14.8 @ 94 ish The manual 02/03 Maxima SE's are running low 14's and averaging about 14.3 @ 97+ mph. The G35 sedan with it's 5 speed auto and RWD has the advantage over the 02/03 Max with it's 4 speed auto. So, stock G35 sedan's with the auto could easily run 14.5's @ 95. With his mods, 14.2 @ 97+ mph in an auto G35 is VERY likely. I have a post about my friend with his LGT limited sedan manual who "raced" his buddy (from a roll) in his G35 sedan AUTO on another post. They ran neck and neck on several runs....I watched. The G35 sedan with an auto, is as fast as the LGT with a manual once rolling. Manua to manual, the G35 would walk away from the LGT. And for 2005, the G35 sedan gets 17 more hp and 10 ft-lbs of torque more, so even the auto G35 should pull away from the manual LGT stock for stock, once rolling. The G35's are fast cars...heck anything with the 3.5 liter VQ is surprisingly fast.

[quote name='Driver72'][quote name='some6uy008']One of the guys there had this in his sig 2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan 14.2 @ 97.18 Z-Tube K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod 10 Wire Hyper-Ground Crawford Plenum (V4) UR Crank Pulley Hotchkis Sways (M/M) Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner I have a hard time beliving that his auto seden is capable of doing 14.2. Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a great car and great looking, but the seden is eh. As fast or faster than the Legacy? I find it hard to believe.[/quote] This is VERY possible with the G35 sedan even an automatic one. I have a 2002 Maxima (auto) and it's fast. Guys over at the Maxima.org have gotten their 02/03 auto Maxima's to run mid to high 14's in the 1/4 stock. I think the average is like 14.8 @ 94 ish The manual 02/03 Maxima SE's are running low 14's and averaging about 14.3 @ 97+ mph. The G35 sedan with it's 5 speed auto and RWD has the advantage over the 02/03 Max with it's 4 speed auto. So, stock G35 sedan's with the auto could easily run 14.5's @ 95. With his mods, 14.2 @ 97+ mph in an auto G35 is VERY likely. I have a post about my friend with his LGT limited sedan manual who "raced" his buddy (from a roll) in his G35 sedan AUTO on another post. They ran neck and neck on several runs....I watched. The G35 sedan with an auto, is as fast as the LGT with a manual once rolling. Manua to manual, the G35 would walk away from the LGT. And for 2005, the G35 sedan gets 17 more hp and 10 ft-lbs of torque more, so even the auto G35 should pull away from the manual LGT stock for stock, once rolling. The G35's are fast cars...heck anything with the 3.5 liter VQ is surprisingly fast.[/quote] to be honest with you, it should not even be close because i've driven the G35 and it's pretty decent. little largish (to me), but nice. and without the parasitic drag of an AWD drivetrain, it should walk the leg GT no matter which transmission. in fact, it should break 14 for the quarter, in my opinion, but for some reason, the VQ engine in both the g35 and the 350z is a little underwhelming. honestly. my m coupe only had 240hp but ran 5.1/13.8 and the G35/350z should at least match that if not better those numbers. so, yeah, i agree the g35 is, on paper, a decent car.

I am a G35 sedan owner. There is one thing I see common on all car enthusiasts. They get crazy whenever people bashing their cars. I like Legacy GT, although I still haven't seen a real car on street or anywhere yet, but since I haven't driven or even ridden in one, I can't say much about it. People say they don't understand how G35 can't blow away 330i, so what it doesn't, it is eight thousands dollars cheaper than a similary equipped 330i. Can a Legacy blow away a G35 for almost the same amount of price difference? Hell no. As far as interior, I don't get it even more, is it that G35's interior would fall apart or something? The kind of materials they use is not that important, you don't taste it or feel it everyday, it is just for your eyes. The leather in my G35 is much better than the ones in my mom's 01 Acura 3.2CL and my sister's 04 BMW 325i(which has leatherette). Let me ask you Legacy owner one question, does your car even come with navigation system as an option? Even Mazda 3 has it as an option. Why don't you blame Subaru for not providing it? This is how I think, if you really try so hard to find problems in a car, you can find hundreds of problems in any car in the world, regardless the brand and price of it. People say G35 is boring, you go ask anyone who knows cars, who say RWD vehicle is more boring than AWD? AWD is safer, but not more interesting. Come on, someone starts the flame doesn't mean you guys need to do the same thing back. That only means you guys are as narrow-minded and as biased.

[quote name='TwiBlueG35']I am a G35 sedan owner. There is one thing I see common on all car enthusiasts. They get crazy whenever people bashing their cars. I like Legacy GT, although I still haven't seen a real car on street or anywhere yet, but since I haven't driven or even ridden in one, I can't say much about it. People say they don't understand how G35 can't blow away 330i, so what it doesn't, it is eight thousands dollars cheaper than a similary equipped 330i. Can a Legacy blow away a G35 for almost the same amount of price difference? Hell no. As far as interior, I don't get it even more, is it that G35's interior would fall apart or something? The kind of materials they use is not that important, you don't taste it or feel it everyday, it is just for your eyes. The leather in my G35 is much better than the ones in my mom's 01 Acura 3.2CL and my sister's 04 BMW 325i(which has leatherette). Let me ask you Legacy owner one question, does your car even come with navigation system as an option? Even Mazda 3 has it as an option. Why don't you blame Subaru for not providing it? This is how I think, if you really try so hard to find problems in a car, you can find hundreds of problems in any car in the world, regardless the brand and price of it. People say G35 is boring, you go ask anyone who knows cars, who say RWD vehicle is more boring than AWD? AWD is safer, but not more interesting. Come on, someone starts the flame doesn't mean you guys need to do the same thing back. That only means you guys are as narrow-minded and as biased.[/quote] i am on the record as saying i love the idea of the G35. i think you're too defensive, actually. it is a good car, just not a great car. it isn't as though the legacy GT is a great car, either. it's a good car. the fundamental question for me is: what's the better commuter car for my needs and the legacy GT suits the bill because, and you can't argue this, it is as fast as the G35, plus it has a decent AWD system PLUS it doesn't weigh all that much so handling doesn't suffer as badly as it could. i'd never be one to say that the legacy GT is the greatest car out there, but it's fun. the g35 is fun, too. unfortunately, the g35 always gets compared to the 330i which is on balance usually the more desirable car whereas the legacy gets compared to camrys and altimas and accords. a very different standard indeed.

[quote name='TwiBlueG35']I am a G35 sedan owner. There is one thing I see common on all car enthusiasts. They get crazy whenever people bashing their cars. I like Legacy GT, although I still haven't seen a real car on street or anywhere yet, but since I haven't driven or even ridden in one, I can't say much about it. People say they don't understand how G35 can't blow away 330i, so what it doesn't, it is eight thousands dollars cheaper than a similary equipped 330i. Can a Legacy blow away a G35 for almost the same amount of price difference? Hell no. As far as interior, I don't get it even more, is it that G35's interior would fall apart or something? The kind of materials they use is not that important, you don't taste it or feel it everyday, it is just for your eyes. The leather in my G35 is much better than the ones in my mom's 01 Acura 3.2CL and my sister's 04 BMW 325i(which has leatherette). Let me ask you Legacy owner one question, does your car even come with navigation system as an option? Even Mazda 3 has it as an option. Why don't you blame Subaru for not providing it? This is how I think, if you really try so hard to find problems in a car, you can find hundreds of problems in any car in the world, regardless the brand and price of it. People say G35 is boring, you go ask anyone who knows cars, who say RWD vehicle is more boring than AWD? AWD is safer, but not more interesting. Come on, someone starts the flame doesn't mean you guys need to do the same thing back. That only means you guys are as narrow-minded and as biased.[/quote] yeah, a bit defensive, but thats ok. besides, this issue could be put to sleep once someone comes in sporting a car that is better than the G35 and the GT, thus shutting everyone up. it all starts becoming a moot point of a pissing match, and in the end you're better off giving each other golden showers. each car has their own qualities, you can either accept it, or you can continue to soak your face in the other's pee.

who's gloating? i don't think anyone who owns a subaru legacy, with its fine tradition of slow-pokeyness, would gloat about owning a legacy. it IS a huge quantum leap forward compared to the generation before it and it certainly has a great power to weight ratio compared to cars in class that aren't even equipped with AWD.

[quote name='lemming']who's gloating? i don't think anyone who owns a subaru legacy, with its fine tradition of slow-pokeyness, would gloat about owning a legacy. it IS a huge quantum leap forward compared to the generation before it and it certainly has a great power to weight ratio compared to cars in class that aren't even equipped with AWD.[/quote] agreed. when i first started lookin at the GT, my dad was trying to steer me towards getting the '04. the dealership we went to had an '05 and an '04 side by side. and it's apparent, even to the average person, that the redesign in '05 is almost the difference between night and day...the difference in power... NOW thats a difference between night and day. gotta give subaru credit for taking that step.[/b]

Why should anyone listen to you about starting flames when you come over and do this? [quote name='TwiBlueG35']I am a G35 sedan owner. There is one thing I see common on all car enthusiasts. They get crazy whenever people bashing their cars. I like Legacy GT, although I still haven't seen a real car on street or anywhere yet, but since I haven't driven or even ridden in one, I can't say much about it. People say they don't understand how G35 can't blow away 330i, so what it doesn't, it is eight thousands dollars cheaper than a similary equipped 330i. Can a Legacy blow away a G35 for almost the same amount of price difference? Hell no. As far as interior, I don't get it even more, is it that G35's interior would fall apart or something? The kind of materials they use is not that important, you don't taste it or feel it everyday, it is just for your eyes. The leather in my G35 is much better than the ones in my mom's 01 Acura 3.2CL and my sister's 04 BMW 325i(which has leatherette). Let me ask you Legacy owner one question, does your car even come with navigation system as an option? Even Mazda 3 has it as an option. Why don't you blame Subaru for not providing it? This is how I think, if you really try so hard to find problems in a car, you can find hundreds of problems in any car in the world, regardless the brand and price of it. People say G35 is boring, you go ask anyone who knows cars, who say RWD vehicle is more boring than AWD? AWD is safer, but not more interesting. Come on, someone starts the flame doesn't mean you guys need to do the same thing back. That only means you guys are as narrow-minded and as biased.[/quote]

[quote name='EyeFlyIsTheEye']Why should anyone listen to you about starting flames when you come over and do this? [quote name='TwiBlueG35']I am a G35 sedan owner. There is one thing I see common on all car enthusiasts. They get crazy whenever people bashing their cars. I like Legacy GT, although I still haven't seen a real car on street or anywhere yet, but since I haven't driven or even ridden in one, I can't say much about it. People say they don't understand how G35 can't blow away 330i, so what it doesn't, it is eight thousands dollars cheaper than a similary equipped 330i. Can a Legacy blow away a G35 for almost the same amount of price difference? Hell no. As far as interior, I don't get it even more, is it that G35's interior would fall apart or something? The kind of materials they use is not that important, you don't taste it or feel it everyday, it is just for your eyes. The leather in my G35 is much better than the ones in my mom's 01 Acura 3.2CL and my sister's 04 BMW 325i(which has leatherette). Let me ask you Legacy owner one question, does your car even come with navigation system as an option? Even Mazda 3 has it as an option. Why don't you blame Subaru for not providing it? This is how I think, if you really try so hard to find problems in a car, you can find hundreds of problems in any car in the world, regardless the brand and price of it. People say G35 is boring, you go ask anyone who knows cars, who say RWD vehicle is more boring than AWD? AWD is safer, but not more interesting. Come on, someone starts the flame doesn't mean you guys need to do the same thing back. That only means you guys are as narrow-minded and as biase d.[/quote][/quote] those peeps who buy pseudo-luxe SHOULD feel a little threatened by economy cars as fast/faster than their expensive cars. but to dispel the myth, there is not snobbiness going on here. that's just stupid. subaru and snobby have never been in the same thought/sentence/paragraph. nitwit.

Archived