LegacyGT.com

My review of the Dodge Stratus SRT

My mom recieved an '06 Dodge Stratus as her rental car while her RX300 is being repaired again.

Entering the car I noticed that the rear brakes were drum, not disc. I knew that this wasnt going to be impressive. Im not tall, at all, but they head room was way too limited for my liking. The car drove smoothly, however when I asked it for some acceleration is denied me. It was loud and took me a good 7 seconds just to get to 40 mph. Accelerating uphill was even more of a struggle. On the contrary, I'd imagine that this car achieves a fairly decent fuel economy. The car handled the road well, only slipping slightly around a few bends in the road. If I had to compare this car to another, I would compare it to the 2.0L Jetta. Both slow, but smooth.

The dash was well set up and the black vinyl was somewhat attractive. The guages were a white and gray design. The seats seemed comfortable enough for short trips, but long trips would be torture.

While I am the oddman out that prefers, FWD over RWD, I dont really care for either. Ill stick with the superflous power my 2.5L boxer produces, coupled to a 5 speed manual transmission and AWD.

• 2 years later...
I forgot I even ever drove a Stratus, but I am bumping this thread for a reason. My boss has an '04 I believe Stratus and while working yesterday a customer came in a reported smoking coming from his vehicle. The car burst into flames. It was funny, but oh so unfortunate. Good thing he wasnt in it, but geeze. The fire department had to take an ax to the hood.

I forgot I even ever drove a Stratus, but I am bumping this thread for a reason. My boss has an '04 I believe Stratus and while working yesterday a customer came in a reported smoking coming from his vehicle. The car burst into flames. It was funny, but oh so unfortunate. Good thing he wasnt in it, but geeze. The fire department had to take an ax to the hood.

I wouldn't call one less Stratus in the world 'unfortuante.' :)

Archived