LegacyGT.com

Is this info legit?

mbacis

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I do not recall seeing it.

Just saw this article on CarandDriver.com

This is the first time I've seen that the exhaust will be changed, A-pillars braced, stiffer bushings used, and rear climate control will exist.

Upfront News: 2007 Subaru Legacy

Mid-cycle freshening aims to upgrade dynamics and save at the pump.

BY PETER LYON

August 2006

A face-lifted Legacy won’t arrive in U.S. showrooms until later this year, but we’ve had a chance to put the car through its paces at the Fuji Speedway in Japan. Subtle visual changes — new headlights and taillights and a larger and more pronounced grille opening — give the car more presence.

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/2006/Q3/071120061335538879.jpgLooks aside, the primary focus of this mid-cycle freshening is to improve the dynamics of the Legacy. Under the hood, the 2.5-liter and 3.0-liter boxer engines may carry over unchanged from last year, but a throatier exhaust gives the flat-four and flat-six a more menacing presence. There is also the Legacy’s optional Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive), which is a cockpit-adjustable controller for the electronic throttle and the engine control unit (ECU). The driver can select from three modes: Intelligent, Sport, or Sport Sharp. In Intelligent mode, the ECU reduces the maximum torque and power available — by as much as 50 horsepower — for slow-speed traffic situations. According to Subaru, Intelligent mode is good for a 10-percent increase in fuel economy. Sport Sharp mode offers quicker throttle response. Sport mode is an intermediate setting that is similar to the standard setup in the current Legacy.

Under the Legacy’s skin, Subaru has added braces at the A-pillars to increase structural rigidity as well as new, stiffer bushings that quicken chassis response. Other minor changes include automatic climate control front and rear, memory seats, and a telescoping steering wheel.

Unknown if the 07 Legacy shares the A-pillar and other structural updates.

It has not gotten an interior or exterior refresh, aside from stereo and fake wood changes, and folding rear seats for the sedan. The pic is a JDM center console...

SI Drive is included for 07, but telescoping steering wheel and auto paddle-shifters is not.

But as for refreshed legacy being on US lots later THIS year? I doubt it VERY much. Twelve months from now, likely. Doubtful before that.

That article is describing the JDM 2007 Legacy. I'm pretty positive the USDM 2007 Legacy does not have the extra features mentioned.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

we get the SI drive ? and the spec B gets the stability control ?

We get SI drive on the turbos, not the H6's. The spec.b, LGT Navi, OBXT (not sure about 5MT), OBXT Navi, LLBean, LLBean Navi get VDC. Its working its way down the subaru food chain. Right now the VTD AWD cars get it and the spec.b (still no definitive on the AWD setup, VTD or Continuous).

Ive been wondering where those are for awhile now. Ridiculous.

They hid under front seats from you :lol: Look there.

Not the real thing but still something.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I do not recall seeing it.

Just saw this article on CarandDriver.com

This is the first time I've seen that the exhaust will be changed, A-pillars braced, stiffer bushings used, and rear climate control will exist.

Your article has a pic of a right hand drive model, despite being about US cars. What does that tell you?

Interesting, where's this from? :confused:

sssssh - or the soa militia will pull it again. ;) I found it on iwsti but I think it originated on nasioc. From what I uderstand, sti release date is a typo, should read Jan 2008.

Archived