LegacyGT.com

"Police Thwart Drag Race, Arrest 61" - in Fairfax, anyone here??

rallispec

In the predawn hours Sunday, more than 60 people -- mostly young men in their late teens and early twenties -- showed up for some drag races at an unusual spot: the local trash incinerator in Fairfax County.

But before the rubber started burning at the county Energy Resource Recovery Facility in Lorton, police said, officers acted on a tip and stopped the races as they were being organized. They arrested 59 adults and two juveniles and charged them with trespassing on private property.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

so... how many subarus do you think were in that crowd?

see the [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=lorton,+va&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=38.691807,-77.230797&spn=0.032223,0.086517]long straight section[/ame] on 611 by the trash furnace? ;) That was the old school section. Looks like the 'new' one is the side road by the 'X' shaped buildings.

I'm from Lorton. I didn't know about the landfill racing, but a ton of idiots in civics and integras always want to race my GT on 123 now that its widened and straight. I feel bad not accomadating them but I just was in court for a reckless ticket in Blacksburg.....sigh

Another good reason for affordable track events.

It becomes an issue with Zoneing laws most of the time. You have to be soo far from any residential area. Alot of citys dont want them anywhere near. The best ides would probably be for local police departments to close off roads and allow street racing there, the law would have to be written that you are doing it at your own risk and that the city or anyone else isnt libel for anything that happens.

I love my car ... basically.

fuckign bitch asses if you ask me.

No where near as bad as ca is getting now a days with streetracing.

:(

haha we used to run em with the local police/fire/emt's 10 or so years back. haha we even had a few waaabulances that would show up for the fun.. Mostly domestics tho, then it turned into hot import nights.. the it turned into douchebag central and people started learning how to crash in creative ways.. Then it all ended...

*sigh*

there is nothing like seeing two 8 second cars back off trailers and square off on a good ole backroad...

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=hay+road,+dixon+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=38.315043,-121.832006&spn=0.014698,0.025277&t=k&om=1]Google Maps[/ame]

*sigh*

there were so many bad ass runs out there.. haha one next to what was most likely a nsa listening station out in the middle of BFE.. man they must have loved that racket every fri, sat and sometimes sun nights.. haha

Archived