LegacyGT.com

Is asking $24k for an '06 GT Limited crazy?

TravisS

I just spent some time at a dealer in TX and they quoted me 27.9k after the rebate on an 06 LGT 5 speed in Silver. Supposedly there are only 2 left in the state and they want a premium for them. Since I am not a Texan and only in the area TDY I think I will try my luck back in the Midwest when the 07's are on the lots. They didn't believe that anyone was seeing these cars out the door for anything less 28k, which I think is a crock.

Wacky

Wow, and I thought it was bad here. 2 in the state?

You got quoted the same as I did. Well, a little more but close enough. The blue 5 MT at Penisula was quoted at $27.6k, after tax and a 1.5k rebate. Even if I got full price on my trade in ($7k) and I provided $2k of my own money, that's still more then I was pre-approved for, and quite a bit more then I'm willing to spend (I want to limit monthly payments to $300). So unless they drop the price (I did ask them about $24k, no reply yet) I'm not getting that car.

[edit]

Well that's that. They can't do $24k on a GT, just a 2.5i limited. Well, I'm not interested in the non turbo model, so '05 here I come!

Figure if I still don't here anything via email I'll go in to the dealership on Saturday and ask. If they can't do it, that's no big deal. I'll just take a little trip to Seattle and pick up the '05 for $22k.

You should do a national search. If you find the car you want at a great price, you could consider having it shipped to you. I'm looking at 06's in the Washington DC area and have been quoted $24.5 for a 5MT limited Sedan and there are two to choose from. A Black w/blk int and a Silver w/blk int. I'm heading to another dealer today to look at a Regal blue w/tan int. Good luck.

You should do a national search. If you find the car you want at a great price, you could consider having it shipped to you. I'm looking at 06's in the Washington DC area and have been quoted $24.5 for a 5MT limited Sedan and there are two to choose from. A Black w/blk int and a Silver w/blk int. I'm heading to another dealer today to look at a Regal blue w/tan int. Good luck.

It would be difficult to do a trade in if the dealership is too far from you. You wouldn't want to drive all the way across the country so you can trade in your old car. Of course you can always try selling your car privately instead of trading it in.

It would be difficult to do a trade in if the dealership is too far from you. You wouldn't want to drive all the way across the country so you can trade in your old car. Of course you can always try selling your car privately instead of trading it in.

Indeed, I don't even want to drive to Idaho as that's about a 5+ hour drive. I'm willing to go south to portland, only 3 or 4 hours for that.

I've considered selling my car, but honestly, I'd rather just trade it. I wouldn't feel confortable selling it in it's current state. One, or both, of the front rotors is warped, the driver's side window has some problems going up, and one of the accesory belts sqeaks on cold startup (the belts are new and I've tensioned the crap out of it, so I'm not sure why). I don't have a problem trading it in like this, as that can and will fix this stuff up.

I don't have a problem buying an '05. Actually, that dealership is a subaru dealership and has a LOT of '06 GTs in stock, so maybe when I go there for the '05 I might get lucky with the '06. Even if not, it's not like the '05 - '06 changes are as big as the '06 - '07

Sounds like the Texan market is a little different than here in Cali.

I got a quote on a '06 ABP GT Limited, MT that was $24,050... that was from the internet sales manager of a dealer in the San Francisco area. If anyone wants the contact info / specifics, lemme know and I'll forward the e-mail thread with the guy... I don't know if the car's still available, tho...

Pete

I am new to the forum, actually this is my first post! I picked up my '06 LGT limited with every option (sunroof, spoiler too) except NAV. I got it for 438$ Monthly/72 mos, no downpayment, no trade, 4.9%

I basically only cared about getting my payment to where I wanted it, because I am a college student for the next 4 months, and I wanted the car now, not later. I thought about buying an 05, and found 2 in the 20k range, but by the time you pay a higher interest rate for a shorter loan, the payment was basically the same. Might as well get the new one - I'm planning on doubling up on payments when I graduate and start work full time.

I am new to the forum, actually this is my first post! I picked up my '06 LGT limited with every option (sunroof, spoiler too) except NAV. I got it for 438$ Monthly/72 mos, no downpayment, no trade, 4.9%

$438 over 72 months at 4.9% works out to about $27,300.

Archived