LegacyGT.com

Volvo V70 T5.....how fast?

Just wondering if anyone knows the 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers on the Volvo V70 T5? A guy at work has one and says it's quick, which I believe, but he knows that the legacy would be faster, but I'm just wondering by how much? I think his is a 2002 or 2003. Edmunds.com lists it at 247hp at 5200RPM and 243ft.lbs. at 2600RPM and weight around 3500-3700lbs. I think it's AWD and probably an auto. Don't know if it even comes in a manual.

Anyone.....

This is all true, but never underestimate he could be quite modded they are turbo and would make a great sleeper... Wait a minute I thought you were talking about the V70R not the T5. Go eat his lunch ;)

A guy at my work has the same gen 'R', he says he has ecu mods and maybe exhaust and has 275whp, with a high 13 1/4, could be bs I dunno...

is not BS. they are capable of lots of power, but it will cost you a pretty penny! IPD ECU ($995) + IPD Exhaust ($1,095) + IPD Downpipe ($1,400). all for an extra 50hp!!! :lol: IPD is one of the most well known tuners in the US.

there are guys on the R forum that put down almost 400whp!!! i am sure that they spent $10k on it! :eek:

there is one guy on there (has a slip to prove it) who ran 13.63 @ 103mph on a stock motor!

i like the Rs, and their seats are unreal - the best seats EVAR! but too much $...

They are kinda of quick, I raced one when I was on stage one. He launched on me catching me by surprise and pulled about half a car off the line. I was able to catch him and pull about a length on him. It was a pretty close race but I was not able to get the full advantage of our AWD drivetrain

A V70R makes my butt feel REAL GOOD. Volvo seats are like a Swedish girl massaging your buttocks every second you're in the car. My wife won't do that! I got the Subie LGT wagon instead becz it was cheaper, lighter, and wouldn't break all the time (and cheaper to fix).

I had a modded '94 850 Turbo wagon (fwd) and that thang was quick and the best auto box I've ever driven. Loved autocrossing it. In sport mode, it held gears all the way to red line and down shifted like a bastard. Loved it! But the current V70 generation is weigh (hah! I'm funny!) too heavy compared to the LGT, even if more refined. I'd rather have a tossable car to launch my wife's lunch.

Not directly comparable but there's this Fifth Gear episode of a Legacy wagon w H6 & 6 speed versus a V50 T5 - minute 22

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4486568282229035994&q=fifth+gear]Fifth Gear season8 episode9 12/5/2005 - Google Video[/ame]

it won't make him feel good....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

There's one HUGE problem with the R's. It can't turn. Put one on an autocross course and it's like driving a aircraft carrier. No passenger car should have a turning circle worse than a Suburban.

• 4 years later...

having owned both cars for a while now with the volvo back to stock except for the cutout. I'd say they are both even from a roll with my friend in my volvo taking it up top eventually.

we all know what happened from a dig...

and a sidenote. the t5's are notorious for keeping up with the R's. much much lighter since it's fwd and the R's awd is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! This is coming from a former 06 2.5awd and 05 s60r owner. Now I own a 01 T5 and the LGT and there is no comparison which combo suits our family better.

but there is very little interms of aftermarket tho. basic tbe and flash before you start getting into tdo5 19t's or k24 turbos.

Don't the Volvo's have FRONT lit gauges?

So ghetto.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Depends on model year if the gauges are front lit or not. Just another fashion thing.

I foresee a completely digital instrument panel in the future with a LCD (or maybe OLED) display instead.

453747.png

Not at all, what? They have back-lit gauges, or front lit?

I seem to recall that being the deciding factor for a friend of mine between an STi and an S60R.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Silly for choosing an STi for that reason, or silly because the Volvo gauges aren't front lit?

I should say stupid. Stupid for choosing a car on such a silly feature. Here's the question. Can I see the gauges? Are they accurate? If yes on both questions, look to substantive issues. But then, I'm just old. The wife criticized me for buying "old man jeans" the other day cz the pants were TOO faded. So I may not know sh*t. :lol:

I'd be pissed if I had front-lit gauges.

It's not about getting what you need, it's about getting what you want.

All you really NEED is a base model of whatever car fits your needs. If I'm going to buck up for the cool model, it better have everything I WANT.

Archived