LegacyGT.com

Steep incline w/ ions

mblazder

I bought a set of new iON springs for my 5mt sedan a while back. I was going to install them very soon but just moved into my new apartment and am concerned about bottoming out coming out of the driveway (It is very steep all the way down to where it meets with the flat road). If i stop the car at the bottom of the incline at the point where the car would bottom out and measure to see if it has at least 2 inches of clearence on the stock springs, is that an accurate way to determine whether or not the iONs woulds cause the car to bottom out? This is a dilemma for me because I am about to get the front bumper repainted and these springs installed but would hate to do both and then pull out of my driveway, scrape up the front bumper, and regret installing the springs all at once because i'll know i will bottom out every time i leave home. So would measuring the clearence be an accurate way to tell this, and if anyone else have experience with iONs and steep inclines any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't have any real steep inclines, but do ride on iON's. I can say they will drop your front about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. So 2 inches of clearance should be ok....just take it real slow. If you tear out of there your going to f up your bumper.

some people have added spacers...but will only gain you a few mm. I think LittleBlueGt added them in the rear.

Spacers only for the rear.

The front would be the same as any car with iONs. I think you will be OK if you try it out carefully at first, and then find just how to drive up there w/o having any problems.

Yeah i hope so... I already bought these springs and don't want to have to sell them... Any other feedback would be appreciated although I think i'll probably get the springs installed and hope I can be careful pulling out and my bumper won't scrape. If it does cause scraping i know i'll kick myself in the a$$ but what can i do i already bought them and convinced myself I need the drop. Times like now i think "i wish i never started modding my car" b/c now i'm addicted. OH well ...

go up it sideways, and go down t sideways

Now thats a good idea! I just gotta talk to my landlord about fixing the 3x3 4 inch deep recessed hole in the driveway where theres no pavement and only rocks and dirt. If he takes care of that then I def will be able to come out of the driveway sideways. As of right now i don't even want to drive anywhere near that hole but may still be able to come out of the driveway a little sideways... have to check

Thanks Gireland.... This forum is awesome b/c the members are all smarter than me and figure out what i should do so i don't even need to think!! Hehe I will be filling that hole with crushed gravel FTW!!

I've been running on Ions for about 8 months and can't recall scraping on anything as of yet... even though I have hit some pretty serious inclines etc at speed b'cause I "forgot" that the car is lowered (...much to my amazement!)

But yeah, when in doubt, roll slow and hit it diaganolly if you can.

Now thats a good idea! I just gotta talk to my landlord about fixing the 3x3 4 inch deep recessed hole in the driveway where theres no pavement and only rocks and dirt. If he takes care of that then I def will be able to come out of the driveway sideways. As of right now i don't even want to drive anywhere near that hole but may still be able to come out of the driveway a little sideways... have to check

not sure if you were being sarcastic....but start practicing now...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Haha nope i was being serious... I've never had a lowered car so hadn't thought about going out sideways... It makes sense to me though and sounds like a good idea so i will be employing it... and filling in the hole with gravel so i can make these "sideways" turns. So thanks for the ideas , much appreciated

Archived