LegacyGT.com

Struck a deal for a 06' OBP 5-spd, your comments?

Hi all,

I finally succumbed to the lure of the LGT and "tentatively" have a deal in place, pending locating and trading for the car by the dealer.

My price for the 06' LGT 5-spd (no options) is $25,450, inc. the $1,500 rebate but before TTL. I know this # is higher than what some members have received from other places, but this was my best offer after haggling with numerous places in the NYC area. I suspect its next to impossible to reach a lower figure within this geographic area due to higher rent, expenses, etc..

Another caveat to this deal is they offered me the highest price for my trade-in out of all places. My trade is a 2001 Honda Prelude, which is a bit modified causing several dealers to say they flat out don't want it. :( I got $9,650 for it when kbb/edmunds are in the $11k range. However, it seems all dealers use the Galves book which indicate the value at $10k even.

To sum it up, I'm paying a diff. of $15,800 + trade-in for the LGT, when my original budget/goal was $15,000. I guess I'll be eating ramen for the next 6 months to make up the difference lol.

Comment on my deal welcome. Thanks

Do you need to buy it right now?

The MY07's are starting to hit the lots and dealers will need to sell the 06's for space.

I got mine for $23,900 last weekend. That was after a month of emailing different dealerships and getting them to match eachother.

Good luck!

Do you need to buy it right now?

The MY07's are starting to hit the lots and dealers will need to sell the 06's for space.

I got mine for $23,900 last weekend. That was after a month of emailing different dealerships and getting them to match eachother.

Good luck!

I don't NEED the LGT but need to get rid of my Prelude since I don't drive it much and it's losing depreciation daily. My ideal solution would be to sell privately and wait until next yr. for leftover MY07's.

I read about your great deal and wish I could get remotely close to your #'s, but no luck up here in nyc.

I do regret mentioning holdback/dealer cash during my negotiations but how else was I going to get those bastards to go under invoice right?

I don't NEED the LGT but need to get rid of my Prelude since I don't drive it much and it's losing depreciation daily. My ideal solution would be to sell privately and wait until next yr. for leftover MY07's.

It's not like your Prelude's going to tank 3-4K come next year, so why not do the financially responsible thing (is there even such a thing when buying a new car?) and hold out? My $0.02.

^^ I figure I'll lose another $1.5-$2k by sitting on the prelude an extra yr. My main issue is I can't really drive this car anymore since my wife is prego and am not comfortable riding in this car (lowered, stiff suspension, etc..) Last thing I need is for her to drop the baby due to the stupid car you know? Also I've had the car advertised on various sites for 2 wks already and have gotten ZERO interest :mad: Therefore I'm sort of desperate to get rid of it despite knowing I'm not maximizing my value on both vehicles. Damm baby is costing me big $$ already and I don't even know what gender it is yet hahahahaha :o

So it's less of a financial reason to get the car, otherwise, it'd make the most financial sense to buy it later in the year. Clearly it's because there's a change in vehicle needs, i.e. neither you, wife, or the upcoming little one can deal with the Prelude. That said, it sounds like you do need the car, and in which case 15.8 + trade-in isn't bad considering you're having a helluva time unloading your prelude.

Archived