LegacyGT.com

WOW the EVO is Fast!!!

First, I'd like to say, I knew going into this that I didnt have a chance.

I work at an Air Force Base in Socal and we have alot of WRX's and STI's. 4 STI's 4 WRX's and an unknown number of other Subarus. However, a desert returnee just got a EVO MR and broke the Scoobie cycle.

I was behind him at a stop light which we all us to exit the base and enter the freeway. The light is kinda useless because it is on a closed portion of road. It really only serves as a flow control to the freeway entrance.Most everyone with a performance car gooses the gas here cause you can only get up to about 60 before you hit the freeway on ramp.

Well,being the asshat I am I flicked the highs when the light turned green.

He then proceed to disapear in to the distance:lol: . Wow, unreal, I know it was going to happen but I did realize how quickly. I routinely keep up or push 350z's and WRX's even STI's but man that EVO was quick. I am humbled.:lol:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I think part of the prob was I started in 2nd. I didn't think he was going to go for it :). I noticed him look in the mirror he looked suprised to still see me, about three car lengths behind. He let me pull up next to him he said something but I couldn't hear him over his BOV and my intake. LOL

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I drove my first Evo (an 03) yesterday. It was stock and drove ok but wasn't something I'd want to own. I mean it was decently quick (nothing to write home about), handled like I expected, and wasn't as stark as I expected. Having owned an 89 Mirage turbo, I know what that means!

I still think that for the money, I'd have an STi. Then again, for what I do, a modded LGT is perfect. Oh wait - that's what I bought!

Funny, I was behind an EVO yesterday at a light. I could hear the cams at idle surging away thru his aftermarket exhuast. He takes off normal peering into his rearview I step into it a bit and he follows suit. Well 100mph later I was still the same distance behind him (this was not a dragrace). Pulled up at the next light he say holt crap thats car flys man what is it??? Told him it's a LGT so he tells me he had cams,intake,tune,exhuast and makes 340WHP. I let him off the hook and told him what I had going on he sighed a breath of relief so hard I felt it shake my car. LOL. But no question those cars are evil and are down a half liter of motor to boot!

Funny, I was behind an EVO yesterday at a light. I could hear the cams at idle surging away thru his aftermarket exhuast. He takes off normal peering into his rearview I step into it a bit and he follows suit. Well 100mph later I was still the same distance behind him (this was not a dragrace). Pulled up at the next light he say holt crap thats car flys man what is it??? Told him it's a LGT so he tells me he had cams,intake,tune,exhuast and makes 340WHP. I let him off the hook and told him what I had going on he sighed a breath of relief so hard I felt it shake my car. LOL. But no question those cars are evil and are down a half liter of motor to boot!

yeah when i run my GT agianst my freinds evo he just usally takes me by a length or less

my cousin has an evo 9 and with my intake and exhaust from a 1st gear roll he would be at my back bumper at 100 mph all the magazines i have read give the mr a 13.4 1/4 but all the different mags get dif numbers. but i have never saw any evo run in the 12,s stock. my cousin has 10000 miles and he has his 2nd tranny and it is now in for a clutch and flywheel. i personally think the dealer messed it up. dealers are so clueless now anyway. never fix just replace. i had an srt-4 and when i would break something they would call a 800 number and tell them what was wrong then they would tell them what to fix. evo's are bad but are notorius for tranny failure.

Do you have any mods or just stock? I'll bet stage 2 would've hung in there a bit.

I have a friend with one we had some fun entering the highway a few weeks ago at like 2am. I was first he was behind me. The on ramp is long and he was up my ass the whole time. Has we hit the highway I started to pull away.

The highway was empty and this shouldnt be done if there is traffic:icon_bigg

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

my cousin has an evo 9 and with my intake and exhaust from a 1st gear roll he would be at my back bumper at 100 mph all the magazines i have read give the mr a 13.4 1/4 but all the different mags get dif numbers. but i have never saw any evo run in the 12,s stock. my cousin has 10000 miles and he has his 2nd tranny and it is now in for a clutch and flywheel. i personally think the dealer messed it up. dealers are so clueless now anyway. never fix just replace. i had an srt-4 and when i would break something they would call a 800 number and tell them what was wrong then they would tell them what to fix. evo's are bad but are notorius for tranny failure.

they are only notorious because of the people that dont know how to drive them, i mean, if you abused your LGT the same i can almost guarantee it that you would be going in for a new clutch and tranny.... a lot of people think that the evo is a drag car...and it just isnt...

i know a lot of evo owners, and given the financial stability, i will own one once the X is out...and a few of them have went thru clutches, why? cus they drag it every friday night...and a few have well over 50k miles on it, with the stock cluth..go figure

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

STI vs Evo has been done time and time again...

and all it comes down to is preference...

STI is really nice stock, and puts down good numbers, but isnt bearly as mod friendly as the EVO...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived