LegacyGT.com

Diy Fmic

UtahGT

i actually dynoed @ 278awhp with stock turbo on PDX's dynapacks

they said it was more than stage 2 STIs...

after my FMIC installation next week, boost is gonna decrease...i'm gonna have to play with utec and raise the boost back up to around 19psi..

than i'll be on mustang dyno...

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Not worth it IMO. Probably 265? (given that Stage 2 is around 250) The stock turbo is just to small.

+1 with Boost on this one, with FMIC going for $1400 from a vendor it’s just not worth it (from a cost perspective. If you want to learn something and have a project that’s another story but I wouldn’t do it for a cost savings). And if you are going to do it…don’t go cheap on the core!!1

Rob and I went back and forth on this for a few weeks about 4 months ago :lol:

I plan to upgrade the turbo eventually but not this year. Since it is an expense in my upgrade path I will eventually take on with a new turbo i figured I would get it now and save money through the GB.

.... ? I would think a stg II STI would be closer to 300whp but maybe I am wrong.

they said stage 2 sti dynos at around 270

btw, my tq is 316awtq :D

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

• 2 months later...
Hey guys we started a new DIY FMIC thread. I did'nt know you guys had started one. Come check us out. Please add your input. Thanks
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived