LegacyGT.com

Car feels like its shaking? Is this the "studder" or something else?

FYI, i have a 2005 legacy GT 5AT

So today during my drive to work i noticed that the car was very "shaky" on the highway. The car felt as if i was going over a road riddled with very smooth bumps. It felt like i was going over little hills every 3 or 4 seconds. This was not under acceleration, i was cruising at the speed limit in traffic and driving very conservatively.

I've also noticed the same on my fathers 2000 volvo s70 SE. Occasionally when i've driven that car i'd notice the above "bumpy" sensation.

Am i experiencing the "studder" problem with my Legacy or is this just normal?

This is not the "studder" problem (which is when it feels like the engine is hesitating).

But it's not normal either. It could be something serious like tread separation of a tire. You should have your dealer look at it.

I get a vibration when the car is stopped at a light. Its not that bad but its like a vibration every 2 or 3 seconds.

yah i get that too... n its not with the AC... and only when idling

Thats what I thought. It gives it a little character hehe. One question does adding an ap/ tdc stage one make the engine less buzzy at lower rpms. I don't knot if its me but 1500-2500 it sounds like a buzzy 4 cyl.

Its not really a big deal, this is just things i am observing. No ones else notices any of these things when in my car but me. I do love the sound of the boxer above 4000 rpm though :)

to the original poster: I find that my RE92s will flat-spot if I park the car directly after a long highway drive on warm-to-hot days and leave the car sitting long enough for the tires to cool. For the first few miles I can feel the flat spots when I drive again, but when the tires warm up enough it goes away. Yet another reason to hate the RE92s.

Archived