LegacyGT.com

Evo 2, Borla, or Perrin?

airindia33

Hello everyone I have a problem I am stuck between these three exhaust systems. Perrin, Borla, Greddy Evo2. Originally I liked the Greddy because of the fitment and because I just liked the sound and look but now that I have been doing further research I really like the Perrin too. Also, I know Borla is well known and they also have an affordable system.

Ok so for all you mod junkies which one do you think is the best and why? Please include numbers for me also (hp gains, loudness, etc...)

Im just running perrin mufflers, but have a catless modular setup.. and well it sounds absolutely amazing!, it sometimes can get on the loud side if you really get on it, but boxer rumble is music to my ears.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Power gains from any "cat-back" style exhaust system will be minimal - even with a vehicle-specific custom/semi-custom tune, you still won't see phenominal gains, but it may become "seat-of-the-pants" feel-able in that case. It won't be until you make significantly more power (read: > "Stage II") that opening up the exhaust will really start helping in a more obvious manner.

Your choice, provided that a bigger turbo isn't going to be a concern later on, should thus, IMveryHO, be centered on your aesthetic as well as "noise" preferences.

You've chosen two systems which typically are considered to be on the louder end of the spectrum: the GReddy EVO2 and the Perrin.

At the same time, you've chosen what's undeniably also one of the quietest - if not THE quietest - system: the Borla.

This should be your first cut-off point in terms of your decision tree.

As for aesthetics, well, that's totally up to *you*. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Perrin..................nice but very LOUD

Greddy Evo2.......Very nice also not nearly as loud as the Perrin.

Borla...................next.......seriously though they are nice also just to close to stock looking for me.

SPT.....................:lol::lol: how many waited for this one.........

You really need to look @ Crucial's & the new Megan catback they are not out quite yet but will be very soon.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I love my borla b/c I wanted the quiet growl. Everything else sounds too loud to me. You're not gonna get much gains from a catback anyways so it's personal preferences of looks & sound like TSI+WRX said
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Perrin..................nice but very LOUD

Greddy Evo2.......Very nice also not nearly as loud as the Perrin.

Borla...................next.......seriously though they are nice also just to close to stock looking for me.

SPT.....................:lol::lol: how many waited for this one.........

You really need to look @ Crucial's & the new Megan catback they are not out quite yet but will be very soon.

what he said.

Well guys I just want to say thank you but I am set on the Greddy Evo 2. The Borla isnt loud enough and the Perrin is too loud. Also I like the fitment and look of the Greddy best. Presently all I have done to the car is a turbo XS bov, AEM CAI, and soon this exhaust. Next will be either the Turbo XS Utec or the Cobb AP. Also the Perrin dp. =)

Ive heard Fujitsubo "catbacks" are a nice set, quality is good and sound is not too loud.

No one mentioned Lachute....I also am looking into purchasing an exhaust, and have intrest in getting a Lachute turbo back. Cant seem to find too many with the complete system.

Great choice:)

A little louder than avg, once they are on the car for a while they will quiet down a little.

You will be pleasantly surprised how nice it really is for the $

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Just ordered my Greddy evo 2 for 796 to my door. =) Also, Maryland Turbo Solutions didnt call me back or email me back and its been 3 days that I have been trying to contact them now. I ordered my exhaust from More Power Racing

Rob must be out of town or something. He only was doing an install for me and he called me all the time to make sure things were a go and to confirm times and locations.

Well its ok I am sure I will still call him the next time i need something. I own my own business and sometimes its just hard to get around to everyone. Now that i put myself in his shoes I totally retract my previous statement.

Archived